• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Horse Heaven Sportsmen Society?

cynicist

imported post

I just joined the HHSS in Prosser. I hear there's quite a few folks from the Tri-C that come up. Anyone here?

And worse, while out shooting for the first time in a very long time, it turns out that my wife is a much, much better shot than me.

sirpuma

imported post

I don't know about the extra ballast thing, but yes, women tend to be better shots. I know my mom used to be able to bullseye just bout anything with her .38. That is before her eyes went bad.

shad0wfax

imported post

My mom shoots as well, if not better than my dad, who is a good shot. She has spent alot less time behind the trigger than he has too. My sister's a great shot too.

One theoryI've heardis that women tend to have far less to prove than men, so their egos don't get in the way of them receiving instruction on how to shoot. Hence, they listen well and carefully do what they're told. The end result is that they're easier to teach to shoot well than some men are and they take less time to learn the basics than some men do.

That theory always made sense to me. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence supporting that theory. Heheh