• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOYD COUNTY, NO PROBLEMS

Undertaker

imported post

So far, Boyd County has been a friendly county on open carry. In my community, there used to be an elderly gentleman who would go for a walk every morning with his shotgun across his shoulder.I'm looking for a better CCweapon. My Combat Commander is just too cumbersome. Any good suggestions?

chris in va

imported post

There are too many small CC firearms to list. Best thing you can do is simply head to a good gun store and 'test drive' a few. There are also lengthy discussions on other boards such as TheFiringLine.com or TheHighRoad.us.

CoolDre80

imported post

I use a glock 27. Its nice, but a little bulky/heavy. Borders has always been very nice to myself and my wife. You can try going there, handle a few different models, semi and revolver unless you're set on a certain type over another. Then chose what feels best for you and meets your needs/price range

fjs

imported post

I agree ..............I carry a Glock 19, i was terrified when I first carried. I ordered Crossbreed Supertuck and I have not even thought about it other than do I have when I shouldnt. I also agree that Borders is a great place. They helped my wife and I alot. I was "very" new when I bought this gun. They spent the time to assure I had the right gun for my wife. ( yea she got the glock I got the 38) Dont tell her I carry hers! But the S&W 627 is a great conceal weapon. :lol: