• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

havent been on in awhile!

b1ack5mith

imported post

This recession has taken a toll on us all... I have not been on in like 2-3 months... dad and i both got laid off, he had to go back to work in CA. so now youre all up to speed on things lol. i miss sgt. jensen!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
i miss sgt. jensen!
Nobody misses SGT Jensen. :uhoh:

I have a solution for your woes. Military! If you joined the Army, you could see your buddy Kevin more often (and earn hima $5000 referral bonus). ;)

You are pretty much guranteed a job, as long as you don't become a douche bag. And you could retire at the age of 40! Plus it would make your Dad proud. He calls me son, what does he call you? :p

Sorry to hear about your jobs. Did your boss go out of business?

thx997303

imported post

Well you're still on tah interwebz there guy.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people in training turn into douchebags. It disgusts me.

G

imported post

Im sorry to hear about your troubles, good karma your way brotha.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
i miss sgt. jensen!
Nobody misses SGT Jensen. :uhoh:

I have a solution for your woes. Military! If you joined the Army, you could see your buddy Kevin more often (and earn hima $5000 referral bonus). ;)

You are pretty much guranteed a job, as long as you don't become a douche bag. And you could retire at the age of 40! Plus it would make your Dad proud. He calls me son, what does he call you? :p

Sorry to hear about your jobs. Did your boss go out of business?
I want to be a helicopter pilot some day. Does the military have an opening for a pilot that is 6' 4" tall and 32 years old? I heard that I'm too old and too tall for that job. :( Plus, I'll probably just end up terrorist fodder in some jungle or desert somewhere anyhow. :(

Kevin

thx997303

imported post

You're not too old, and I don't think you're too tall. You would enlist and put in a warrant officer packet.

You need to do I believe 36 push ups, and 42 sit ups in two minutes, and run two miles in 17:42 to pass the pt standards.

ETA: You would need to be accepted into the warrant officer program by the age of 33, but could get a waiver at 34.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
You're not too old, and I don't think you're too tall. You would enlist and put in a warrant officer packet.

You need to do I believe 36 push ups, and 42 sit ups in two minutes, and run two miles in 17:42 to pass the pt standards.

ETA: You would need to be accepted into the warrant officer program by the age of 33, but could get a waiver at 34.
Sweet! I could pass the PT standards no problems. I'm skinny and tall with lean muscle mass. I do 40 push ups just to warm up for my workouts every other day at home, so I'm good to go. Maybe I'll sign up after my divorce is all settled out. :)

Thanks.

Kevin

b1ack5mith

imported post

OMG ITS KEVIN!!! dude ive been on skype like every day waitin for you to log in! seriously, you being gone got us all depressed, we seriously miss ya dude :( when do you think youll be back?

and our boss just laid us all off because work is slow (becauseboss didnt wanna go looking for more work for us...)now that imjobless and bored, thinkin about what "fearless leader" is gonna do to america. did you hear about what he did!? he went to each military organization of the USA, and asked them to PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE to HIM!!! first american leader to EVER ask that. we are to pledge allegiance to AMERICA... not to an individual.it disgusts me. okay im done ranting lol.

he is the reason i wont jointhough. he would make us do something we would refuse to do. (by the way, have you met the gunny? he worked at walmart in the sporting goods for awhile, then he got fired for talkin about guns... in the sporting goods section... hes now a minuteman! we have a meeting tomarrow at the state capital, anyone who wants to go, send me a PM before tomarrow and ill give ya a call and tell you where its at. rallying against the illegals [ no i will not be OCing lol ]

but yeah, if obama doesnt screw up bad, ill join up and get you that 5000$ kev!

know anything about the 20k enlistment bonus?

thx997303

imported post

I read something in the army times about the enlistment bonus actually being increased to the tune of about $40,000 so probably a decent time to get in.

Hey! where's the love? Everybody wanting to get SGT extra money, but not for THX.:(:D

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
I read something in the army times about the enlistment bonus actually being increased to the tune of about $40,000 so probably a decent time to get in.

Hey! where's the love? Everybody wanting to get SGT extra money, but not for THX.:(:D
At easeprivate, I found him first! If Kevin decides to enlist to become a Warrant Officer, you can collect on him. :p

b1ack5mith

imported post

kev, would you get an enlistment bonus if i joined natl guard? what kind of requirements must they pass? (running, etc.) cause i dont think i can get my ass goin too fast LOL

40k bonus aye...? very tempting... which brings me to my next subject in the same category...

many states are seceeding from the nation, such as CA (this is a good thing for the most part) they are disagreeing with federal regs (many more states are seceeding) and since the government cant really control national guard (state regulated) i would love to be part of utahs guard. i was kind of wanting to be part of KY's guard, so i could be closer to alicia, but i dont know if i could transfer from UT to KY or anything like that. the states are becoming more independant, and UT can pretty much fend for itself... we have our own ammo distributor, guns, food, water, powerplants, what else do ya need? we even have nat. gas! were 100% self sufficient :D

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Sorry, I typed the wrong amount. It is $2000 per referral, not $5000.

You can't refer someone to become a warrant officer, they have to become one. All of your referrals will be E-1 through E-4, and are all worth $2000.

I know that the active army, guard, and reserve all have different programs, but they all pay $2000 per referral. I think there is one catch however, and I may be wrong. I am enrolled in ARRAP. (Army Reserve Recruiting Assistance Program) I have heard that I only get the bonus if my referral also becomes a reservist. So this may be true forthe guard and regular army.

To remain on-topic, ifsomebody here wants to join the military, you get to open carry an M16! :p

b1ack5mith

imported post

so when/if i join the guard, what training am i to expect? i heard we have to do the mile in 9 mins, x amout of correct situps, x amout of pushups, etc. (might join in august, when trev turns 17, when we can both join)

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

As far as the Army Physical Fitness Test is concerned, you would need to do a minimum of 42 push-ups in two minutes, 53 sit-ups in two minutes, and a 2-Mile run in 15:54 or faster.

So you want Obama to be your boss, huh? All in the name of job security!