• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For Sale/Trade: Sig P220R SAO Carry Nitron (Tacoma)

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Thanks for all the responses. Didn't find any offers that piqued my interest, so I've decided to keep this one. Perhaps I'll send it to CCR refinishing for a bath in silver stuff.

K_Bjornstad

imported post

Is this a DA/SA Sig or DAK?

Also. No Sig except for their specific 1911 versions is intended to be carried cocked and locked.

They are either DAK in which the trigger is never locked back because it has no single action.

Or they are DA/SA in which they are intended to be carried hammer down, round in the chamber. Pull the trigger on one heavy DA pull than the remainder of the shots would be SA.

There firearms do not have manual safeties (except for the .22 mosquito).

Picture would be helpful :)

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
K_B, SAO stands for "Single Action Only": http://sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=6&productid=151

My guess is that it truly is meant to be carried cocked and locked, though I haven't had the pleasure of holding or shooting one, so it's just a guess.

Yup. They're not all that common, so I'm not surprised that someone thought this particular piece of hardware didn't exist. It is, in fact,Single Action Only. The trigger never goes forward to the DA or DAK pull position. It's great for those with short fingers and/or small hands like myself. No DA trigger reach, EVER. And it's still a SIG. It's the gun in the link below, but with nightsights:

http://sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=37&productid=139

compmanio365

imported post

I thought they would put a safety on the SAO, just out of liability if nothing else. I would never feel comfortable carrying a SAO without an external safety of some kind. Nice little gun though, someone's gonna be lucky when they get it. I, unfortunately, don't have that kind of cash on hand at the moment. :(

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

There is a safety lever in the same spot as the 1911's, it just doesn't have a long arm like the 1911's do. That control closest the hammer on the frame is the safety lever that goes up and down. Nice thing about the Sig, is that you can rack the slide with the safety lever up (in the "on" position), so you can chamber and unchamber while leaving the safety on.

G27

imported post

Could you? Sure. Would you want to? Most likely not. The DA/SA action is designed to be carried in the DA mode, subsequent shots are SA for quicker and more accurate follow-ups. The DA acts as an added "safety" to prevent ND. Sigs are supposed to be carried DA until you fire your first shot, otherwise what would the point be of having the decocking lever?

EOD

imported post

As some one who has owned one, I can assure you that the 220SAO operates just like a 1911 minus the beavertail safety. It has NO double action, it is purely single action. No decocker. Safety only. For a gun board, I though that there would be more familiarity with this model. Whoever buys this one will enjoy it.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

The gun I have :

1) exists.

2) operates exactly as I have described. It is NOT a DA/SA that I haveidiotically decided tocarry in the hammer back position. I'm an NRA-cert pistol instructor, I think I'd know better than that.

3) will be properly photographed to show its operation tonight, if I can get around to it after the to-do list.

4) is FOR SALE or TRADE. Can we get this back on track? My goodness!

just_a_car

imported post

I tried G20... *sigh* I even gave them a link to oogle. *shrug* what can ya do?

Honestly, I'd love to have that, but if I'm going to spend the money on a Sig, I'll be getting the P226 Elite .40S&W; it's been my desktop background since before I owned a pistol. Sooo pretty.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

That is a nice gun! Just for jollies let me really confuse folks with the CZ-82, which is a DA/SA semi auto, which was designed for cocked and locked carry as well. The safety can only be applied when the hammer is back. Otherwise you carry with no round in the chamber, or manually thumb the hammer down, and carry it that way. I carry hammer down, round in the chamber. Close enough to a revolver that way, I'm happy. Draw and squeeze the trigger, no safety to take off. Works for me!

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Pics, as promised:

Hammer down (notice trigger is still in SA mode, it does not go to the DA reach, EVER on Sig SAO guns)

feb09misc049.jpg

Again, Hammer down, Safety in "Fire" position (Down)

feb09misc043.jpg

And without further delay: A Sig P220 in the "Cocked and Locked" position, notice SAFETY LEVER is now in the "SAFE" (up) position with white dot showing.

feb09misc044.jpg

Entire gun, again, in "Cocked and Locked" mode (notice NO Decocking Lever):

feb09misc045.jpg