• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin OC Poll

Within the State of Wisconsin, Where Have You OC'd? Do Not Include While Hunting / Target Shooting

• 1 - Nowhere - I have not OC'd in Wisconsin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Only inside my residence

• 3 - Only within the boundaries of my yard/property in a rural area

• 4 - Only within the boundaries of my yard/property in an urban area

• 5 - Outside the boundaries of my yard/property in a rural area

• 6 - Outside the boundaries of my yard/property in an urban area

• Total voters

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

ccwinstructor wrote:
I should change my vote. I have open carried in little towns in northern Wisconsin, but not in anything bigger. Then again, I seldom am in the larger towns. Another thing to consider is that it would be much easier to accidentally run afoul of the insane "school zone" law in the urban areas.
I believe that one has to "knowingly" violate the school zone law. An "accidental" violation ought not to result in a conviction. But, yeah, it's not a perfect world so I understand your reluctance.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Here's the actual wording:

"Any individual who knowingly possesses a firearm at a place that the individual
knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone is
guilty of a Class I felony."

I'm not certain what "reasonable cause to believe" would be-- maybe seeing "school crossing" signs, although in my part of Madison there are such signs that are in excess of 1000' feet of the school property.