• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local Shooting

D53

imported post

So today as I was driving back from a buddys house, I was passed by six Sac County Sheriffs deputys running code 3 down Elkhorn. Eventuall I was passed by four more and I saw the SCSO chopper cirling ahead. I figured since I live in Antelope which is the next town/city over from North Highlands that there was some gang bs going down.

Sure enough just a couple minutes ago I saw on the news that there was a shooting in North Highlands. Two teens were shot by four gunmen. One of the teens was hit in the leg and the other was hit in the upper body and face, but both are alive. The gunmen fleed the scene in a red Mitsubishi Eclipse and to this point have not been caught. So far this is all I have found on it.

http://www.kcra.com/news/18660689/detail.html

This is going to be another hit to the firearm community, even though the guns are "probably" (I don't know this for a fact) stolen or illegal, I am sure it will be worked out that they were purchased for the shooting.

And of course its going to suck for us local guys that OC, I am sure I will be catching more flak in the days coming. But to me, it's just one more reason for me to OC. They pull a gun on me, I have one ready for them.

oilfieldtrash11

imported post

i heard about this one too. its just too bad that the bad guys make us look like them. it makes everyone think we are the ones shooting people just because we carry guns. they dont realize that we are there to protect ourselves, our family and friends, and even them if it came down to it. its really too bad.

r6-rider

imported post

i used to hang out around there. right off 80 on antelope, then drive all around citrus heights and north highlands in brand new G35 coupe during tweaker hours. looking back now i cant believe i used to roam around there unarmed. i saw some f***ed up stuff go on down there

bombmaster

imported post

Sing me up for a local (sacramento) activist stroll. I see other areas gathering groups OCing in an attempt to protest county's anti sheriffs policy on CCW. We need to bring attention to the fact that CCW is thesafest way to exercise our 2nd amendment. And if these anti's want to make areas safer then pass out more CWP to law abiding Americans.

Sign me up... anyone else in?

r6-rider

imported post

bombmaster wrote:
We need to bring attention to the fact that CCW is thesafest way to exercise our 2nd amendment.
wait what? you know this is an open carry site right? not that im bashing CC but the 2nd amendment doesnt debate OC or CC, we should be able to make our own choice whether we want to display our weapon or cover it without the government approving it first. but yes OC rallies is one way to 1. open the publics eyes 2. show we (or you) still have SOME rights left in that communist state and 3. loosen up the CCW permits to everyone and not just the "in" guys

bombmaster

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
bombmaster wrote:
We need to bring attention to the fact that CCW is thesafest way to exercise our 2nd amendment.
wait what? you know this is an open carry site right? not that im bashing CC but the 2nd amendment doesnt debate OC or CC, we should be able to make our own choice whether we want to display our weapon or cover it without the government approving it first. but yes OC rallies is one way to 1. open the publics eyes 2. show we (or you) still have SOME rights left in that communist state and 3. loosen up the CCW permits to everyone and not just the "in" guys

I meant exactly what you said.. I guess I didn't verbalize it correctly. I meant if the LEO's believes CCW is safer than OC, (I come to this conclusion due to the fact that every LEO conceals their weapon to travel home after work instead of holstering it outside their belt.) whyis Ca.not a "shall issue" state. if it is in-fact safer alternativethan OC (in the LEO's eyes). It is the LEO's that issure the CCW's.

I know this is an OC board I plan on OC'in very soon. was simply venting on the fact that if departments feel concealing is safer than OC'in why aren't they issuing more permits. Exit.....Stage right....:)