• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry Red Bluff

Native

imported post

First of all I am new to the site, so hello to all. I live in the city limits of Red Bluff, I am a great citizen (never arrested I mean). I want to open carry my 357 2 inch barrel and my 2 speed loaders, Loaded, gun empty. I live in a school zone so I suppose I would be breaking the law if I left in my vehicle, Correct???

How about when Im driving up the freeway is it ok to have my speed loaders/ loaded and gun empty. Gun on one side of hip loaders on the other. My speed loaders flaps basically cover them. I am Native American and on the Tribal Council but must travel 2 to 3 hrs to go to meetings alone with three kids in vehicle. Would like to have my gun in case ever got stranded do to weather.

I have been readings treads all day here but could use some advice. Thanks

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Native wrote:
First of all I am new to the site, so hello to all. I live in the city limits of Red Bluff, I am a great citizen (never arrested I mean). I want to open carry my 357 2 inch barrel and my 2 speed loaders, Loaded, gun empty. I live in a school zone so I suppose I would be breaking the law if I left in my vehicle, Correct???

How about when Im driving up the freeway is it ok to have my speed loaders/ loaded and gun empty. Gun on one side of hip loaders on the other. My speed loaders flaps basically cover them. I am Native American and on the Tribal Council but must travel 2 to 3 hrs to go to meetings alone with three kids in vehicle. Would like to have my gun in case ever got stranded do to weather.

I have been readings treads all day here but could use some advice. Thanks

Once you leave private property you would be in violation of 626.9 if you were in possession of a firearm while knowingly in a school zone. In short, you are correct. It would be prudent touse a lockable casewhile transporting through school zones.

Your speed loaders are not an integral part of your revolver and therefore could be concealed without getting entangled with bad case law. It is lawful to carry your revolver openly in a belt holster in your car- just being sure it is not concealed, not loaded andyou are not in a school zone.

Welcome to the board. Please make yourself at home and if you have any questions, we would be happy to assist in any way we can.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

When I travelled thru CA years ago I used a brief case on my front seat, combination barely set, magazine out of gun but in case.

That's before I knew about all the many permutations of CA law based upon incorporated/unincoporated areas.

camsoup

imported post

Welcome to the board!

Nice to see a fellow OC'er in RB.

I have been carrying with a little more frequency the past few months. If you want to meet for coffee or something just let me know. Im sure it may ease the nerves a little carrying with company.

I suggest looking at the "open carry" flyer and also the "is it loaded" flyer in this forum.....both have lots and lots of info to read.

What part of Red Bluff are you in? Im out past Vista Middle School (so I know what its like to have to drive through schools zone).