• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two Maine groups break their oath and join the lawsuit against conceal carry in National Parks

david.ross

imported post

Can a mod edit the title, not enough coffee.

They're traitors in my book. No better than home grown terrorists.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20090206-NEWS-90206042

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Two Maine groups have joined two federal lawsuits seeking to overturn a new policy that allows people to carry concealed, loaded guns in most national parks.
Friends of Acadia and Maine Citizens Against Handgun Violence filed documents Friday in U.S. District Court in Washington in support of previously filed lawsuits — one by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the other by the National Parks Conservation Association and the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees.
Those suits are filed against the Interior Department and its secretary, as well as leaders of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Park Service.
Portland lawyer William Harwood said the brief he filed for the Maine groups attempts to show why "Acadia National Park is not the type of place where guns make a lot of sense." Guns aren't allowed in state parks, and they don't belong in Acadia either, he said.
The Bush administration announced in December it was overturning a 25-year-old federal rule that severely restricted loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges.
Under the new rule, a visitor can now carry a loaded gun into a park if the person has a permit for a concealed weapon and the state where the park is located also allows concealed firearms.

david.ross

imported post

xD oh well crap you're right. I for some reason didn't drink enough coffee this morning and read marine on my RSS feed.

x( Roo is full of FAIL today.