• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adopt a highway cleanup in Wisconsin (state rd. 67) - Sat. June 27th at 10am

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Looking at OCDO's "front page" I saw the clip of another state's group getting involved the in Adopt a Highway program.

Do we have enough interest to do this as a group here in Wisconsin? I'm imagining a well-traveled highway that passes through no school zones....

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/localgov/aid/adopt-a-highway.htm

Each qualified group takes responsibility for litter control on a segment of state highway. The group picks up litter on this segment at least three times per year between April 1 and November 1. Groups do not work in dangerous areas like medians, bridges, or steep slopes.

Who can Adopt-A-Highway? Any group organized for some special purpose or task can be a sponsor, except partisan or political groups. Each group must provide one adult supervisor for every five or six volunteers.

Emphasis on safety The Adopt-A-Highway program emphasizes safety.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd be willing to help. So long as the Highway is within an hour and a half of Milwaukee. That covers Madison, Fond du lac and everything in between.

NC-Tastic

imported post

I would also volunteer for an adopt-a-highway in Wisconsin. Ideally something in SE Wisconsin that gets some good exposure - we would definitely want a highway that is travelled often (better for publicity).

If someone does get something going, please email mr.tastic at yahoo dot com.

FLR&@

imported post

Yes I would help but within a reasonable distance from my house say @ 80 miles or so.

Support The 2nd

imported post

Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?

rickrich

imported post

I'm filling out the Adopt a Highway form. We need a name to go on the highway sign. 3 lines max, 12 letters max each line.

How about

Wisconsin
Chapter
opencarry.org

I realize there's no formal chapter, but that seemed to sum up the group with the best possible PR exposure ?

For location, I'm looking at I-94 where it is intersected by Hwy 67 near Oconomowac. For a meeting spot to shuttle from, we could use Olympia Resort close by. A freedom loving patriot owns it, so if we want a beverage and bite to eat afterwards, it would be a good place to patronize.

This location is near major metro Milwaukee, yet a decent drive for Madison.

I'm in Janesville, is anyone close by there to scout the suggested location and suggest a couple of 2 mile sections ? We need those for the application.

The rules say everyone has to wear one of those fashionable orange vests !

Rick, Campaign for Liberty state coordinator

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

What more would be needed for a formal Wisconsin Chapter of OCDO. I might be the senior member and I declare the Wisconsin Chapter of OCDO.

Note that there are no membership rolls or by-laws or hierarchy of leadership. If you have a good idea then run it up the flag pole to see who salutes it, play the tune and dance to it, then beer and fellowship afterward.

rickrich

imported post

:cool: great, since the WI chapter has been declared, I'll send the form in !

OPENCARRY.
ORG WI
CHAPTER

opencarry.org is actually 13 spaces, needs to be split up on sign.

I'm requesting miles on I-94 near Oconomomac 1st choice 282-284, 2nd choice 280-282, 3rd choice 278-280

grantgorgen

imported post

This is a great idea... my fraternity had a section of highway 100 adopted and we always have a great time cleaning up. However our section is in quite an 'unsafe' location, and I know I would have always felt better if I had my gun with me.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

it would have to be

understand wi
carry law
opencarry.or

the g would get cut off if its only 13 spaces per line

or just do opencarryorg and put the dot in with a sharpie :p

rickrich

imported post

Smithman,

Adopt-a-Highway requires a "Group Name" . They don't allow for a message.