• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boulder City

TopGun

imported post

I am an NRA Certified Instructor in multiple disciplines and have advanced tactical training with pistols, ARs, and shotguns. I teach a fairly large number of CCW classes for out-of-state folks and locals that can't meet the BR&PC schedule. One of the things I always teach my CCW students: "If you are stopped by a police office, show him your permit and let him know you are carrying." One of my out-of-town students was stopped by a BCPD Officer for a rolling stop at a stop sign. When the officer approached my student did exactly as I had taught him - he produced his permit and let the officer know he was armed. After many questions regarding any possible relationship to the BC Government, the officer went into a lengthy speech regarding Boulder City gun laws. My student pointed out that State Law supersedes local law, but the office insisted. In the end (and I don't even know if he got a traffic ticket) the officer let him go - did not even check the firearm.
We instructors had heard that these grandfathered laws were no longer in effect, This from another instructor who happens to be on the BCPD. Does anyone out there know what the real story is? :?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Well, NRS 244.364 (County), NRS 268.418 (City), NRS 269.222 (Town), were designed to prevent localities making their own regulations. Attorney generals and others at the time explicitly said that all local laws were to be void.

However, the current Nevada Attorney General has very recently decided that those laws don't void local regulations and that all local regulations are still in effect.

We have another thread on this issue here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/20658.html