Thread: H&K USP Tactical (Full Size 45) Serpa CQC Mod

Post imported post

I own a H&K USP Tactical (.45 ACP Full-Size) and I wanted a Serpa holster for it because I like the design of the Serpa and I prefer paddle holsters to belt holsters.
    I bought a CQC Matte Serpa to fit the Full Size H&K USP and found that the very tall front sight blade on the Tactical model (made to sight over a suppressor) wouldn't fit in the Serpa.

• So I modified my Serpa by cutting a strip out of the top of the holster along the entire length of its axis. This ruins the structural integrity of the holster and will not hold the firearm securely at all, but it does allow the front blade to pass through correctly.
    • Next, I cut a piece of small diameter PVC pipe in half along its axis and then notched a 1/16" to 1/32" relief at one end of the half-cylinder to clear the raised edge at the top of the Serpa.
    • Then I cemented the half-section of PVC in place on both sideswith some 5 minute fast-setting Epoxy and let that dry for one hour. Lastly, Ispraypainted a light coat of matte black spraypaint over the entire holster (to make the colors match) and a slightly heavier coat over the PVC and the epoxy.
    • I could have sanded the PVC and theepoxy smooth to makethefinished productlook nicer and I could have spent a bit more time making the paint more even, but in my opinion, form follows function and I don't wear a Serpa to look pretty or impress the Tacti-Cool Mall-Ninjas.
    • The end result is a structurally sound and functionalSerpa that will clear the USP Tactical's front sight blade. I'm sure you could modify the Serpas to fit USP Tactical .40 and USP Tactical Compacts to fit as well.

Since this thread would be worthless without pictures, here are some clickable thumbnails that will take you to high-resolution images of mysloppy craftsmanship:

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Nicely done, sir.

Necessity is indeed the mother of invention.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Awsome idea works great now were the only two people that can carry this and draw fast haha. thanks alot your a life saver

Post imported post

Congrats on nice work and sweet combo package to both of you.

I've heard that they offer/make a threaded ring to protect the threads on the end of the barrel when a suppressor is not mounted. IMO that would be good to have. Have either of you heard of or have this?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

BEAST MODE!

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

I've heard that they offer/make a threaded ring to protect the threads on the end of the barrel when a suppressor is not mounted. IMO that would be good to have. Have either of you heard of or have this?

Yata hey
    You can tell from the pictures that they both have it on the end of the barrels.

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
    You can tell from the pictures that they both have it on the end of the barrels.
    Not with the caps I've seen. When the are installed, no threads show on the barrel extension. "Course maybe I should go ahead and get those new glasses.

Yata hey

Potentially unsafe modification: Recommend a Blade-Tech holster.

I strongly suggest that anyone using the modification I posted consider abandoning this potentially unsafe work-around and buy something that was purpose-built for their firearm.

As an update, I am no longer using this method of making my SERPA CQC work with the USP Tactical. I had issues where I broke the epoxy. The modification seemed to work for about a year and then it would break again. After the third time (third year) of me breaking it, I went out and did things right.

I have a BladeTech holster that is made specifically for this. It has a modular attachment system that allows me to run my USP Tactical from a belt holster or a thigh holster at my option. There is a third option for the molle straps for a chest mount system.

Here's a link:

http://www.blade-tech.com/TMMS-WRS-B...product_images

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ian wrote:
    Not with the caps I've seen. When the are installed, no threads show on the barrel extension. "Course maybe I should go ahead and get those new glasses.

Yata hey
    Necro Reply:

Yes, I have a thread protector on in those photographs. There are no threads visible. What you're seeing is the knurled stamping in the metal of the thread protector that makes it easier to torque down by hand.
    Last edited by shad0wfax; 12-07-2010 at 12:31 AM.