• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Mary Washington Hospital

Gunny5821

imported post

If I could get a quick answer it would be appreciated. I just learned that my daughter is in this hospital. I would like to go in OC mode, but I don't know if it's allowed. Please advise and Thanks!

Gunny

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I would but that's me..... after checking for signs.

Guess nobody has ever been there.

How did it go?

Yata hey

Armed

imported post

Conceal if you have to ... just get there! God speed!

Didn't see the time stamp... guess you were already there. How is she?

Renegade

imported post

Hope everything is well with your daughter.

Regarding entering strange places that may or my not be OC friendly I usually take advantage of the following:

1) Enter lawfully carrying concealed
2) Complete the majority of your business
3) Transition to open carry - take off jacket, use restroom and employ Virginia tuck, etc.
4) Take care of any outstanding minor issues
5) Leave with a smile

Oh, and don't worry about security guards with magic wands - I have been searched a few times and have been passed through despite the beeps!

Gunny5821

imported post

Thanks to all who posted! My daughter is still in the hospital, but the good news is she is out of the ICU! Seems she has a bad kidney infection. You know these young folks, they wait to the last minute to seek help and by than it's so severe they get admitted to the hospital!

Hopefully she'll be released this Friday!

Ended up not carrying, just didn't have the time, I'm sure you all understand. However, I did not see any signs prohibiting guns, for what it's worth!

Again, thank you ALL!

Gunny

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

user wrote:
UMW prohibits possession of firearms and ammo in dormitory rooms:

http://www.umw.edu/cas/residencelife/forms/2008_contract/default.php

No mention of any other regulations. I don't see as how they can keep it out, it's a state owned hospital.
Despite similar names, Mary Washington Hospital is not affiliated with the University of Mary Washington (UMW). Mary Washington Hospital is owned by a private not-for-profit corporation and as such can legally restrict firearms on their private property.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
user wrote:
UMW prohibits possession of firearms and ammo in dormitory rooms:

http://www.umw.edu/cas/residencelife/forms/2008_contract/default.php

No mention of any other regulations. I don't see as how they can keep it out, it's a state owned hospital.
Despite similar names, Mary Washington Hospital is not affiliated with the University of Mary Washington (UMW). Mary Washington Hospital is owned by a private not-for-profit corporation and as such can legally restrict firearms on their private property.
What rlhsaid. I was hospitalized there several years and also thought the hospital was connected to the university as a "teaching" hospital. I was set straight on the relationship then.