Thread: DC taxpayers will pay for City Council's gun ban redux

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Folks, especially those from DC, please provide feedback so I can provide better sevice to the DC Metro region as the DC Gun Rights Examiner for the Examiner.com.

--

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner

Post imported post

I enjoy reading your articles. Keep up the good work Mike!
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Activist Member

Post imported post

So what happens when you buy a gun in D.C. on the CA approved list, and the manufacturer stops making it and doesn't try to get it on the CA list again?

Do the D.C. police knock on your door and ask for it back?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    So what happens when you buy a gun in D.C. on the CA approved list, and the manufacturer stops making it and doesn't try to get it on the CA list again?

Do the D.C. police knock on your door and ask for it back?
    I think you would be grandfathered to own it but then prohibited to transfer it to anyone (including your spouse or child at death) to anyone but a dealer - clcik on those two bills and see for yourself but i think that is the way teh scheme will work.

Post imported post

Mike, good article and informative. Useful info in that I have to periodically head up north to/through DC.

Keep up the good work.

Post imported post

The City of Washington D.C. is a national JOKE. The pinheads that run the place want Statehood or, failing that, a vote for their delegate.

Solutions to this have included ceding the District back to Maryland (which does not want it) to one truly radical proposal that Arlington County Va and parts of the city of Alexandria be re-taken to form the original District. (Over my and countless other Virginians' dead bodies, and literally and no fooling!)

Remember "Moosylvania", the fictitious border territory in "Rocky and Bullwinkle" that was the source of tensions between Canada and the USA because niether one wanted to claim the &^%*hole? THAT'S Washington D.C. vis a vis Maryland and our Beloved Commonwealth.

Gun laws are just the tip of the iceberg. For my money it would be dandy if the whole place were walled off Berlin-style and the bridges and Metro tunnels blown up. An F-5 tornado could hit the place and do a couple trillion dolars in improvements, if you ask me.