• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC taxpayers will pay for City Council's gun ban redux

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

So what happens when you buy a gun in D.C. on the CA approved list, and the manufacturer stops making it and doesn't try to get it on the CA list again?

Do the D.C. police knock on your door and ask for it back?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
So what happens when you buy a gun in D.C. on the CA approved list, and the manufacturer stops making it and doesn't try to get it on the CA list again?

Do the D.C. police knock on your door and ask for it back?
I think you would be grandfathered to own it but then prohibited to transfer it to anyone (including your spouse or child at death) to anyone but a dealer - clcik on those two bills and see for yourself but i think that is the way teh scheme will work.

Alexcabbie

imported post

The City of Washington D.C. is a national JOKE. The pinheads that run the place want Statehood or, failing that, a vote for their delegate.

Solutions to this have included ceding the District back to Maryland (which does not want it) to one truly radical proposal that Arlington County Va and parts of the city of Alexandria be re-taken to form the original District. (Over my and countless other Virginians' dead bodies, and literally and no fooling!)

Remember "Moosylvania", the fictitious border territory in "Rocky and Bullwinkle" that was the source of tensions between Canada and the USA because niether one wanted to claim the &^%*hole? THAT'S Washington D.C. vis a vis Maryland and our Beloved Commonwealth.

Gun laws are just the tip of the iceberg. For my money it would be dandy if the whole place were walled off Berlin-style and the bridges and Metro tunnels blown up. An F-5 tornado could hit the place and do a couple trillion dolars in improvements, if you ask me.