• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It Is Not Much Of A Right, If You Have To Ask A Bureaucrat If You Can Exercise It!

Mr Patriot

imported post

I am in Boca Raton, FL

I am very envious of this open carry, that others in different states can exercise!

I think concealed carry permits are Unconstitutional!

How many people in Florida wear coats???

BTW

I am very happy to report, that there is going to be a Second Amendment March On Washington DC in the spring of 2010!

rankhornjp

imported post

Murdock v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (1943)
1)Stated that to charge a fee (or tax) in order to practice a right was unconstitutional.

2)The court found that the fact that the ordinance was imposed indiscriminately and inexpensively cannot save it from being unconstitutional

Leathers v. Medlock, 499 U.S. 439 (1991) Stated that taxing cable tv did not violate the 1st Amendment unless the tax is directed at, or presents the danger of suppressing, particular ideas.

Both 1A cases, however, they both have the same theme of NOT taxing rights.

Requiring training is requiring a fee in order to exercise the right to bear arms. Therefore it's unconstitutional, regardless of the amount of the fee. Training to get a CCW is an unnecessary burden on the RTKBA. You should be able to OC without a permit......no fees, no training, no BS.

Mr Patriot

imported post

Would a lawyer take it on?????????

If it is indeed Unconstitutional, lets get it going in every state!

Do I need to hit the launch button????

smoking357

Banned
imported post

I said the same thing in a thread a few weeks back. Many here said that Florida does have open carry, just in the places the state lets you have it.

In other words, you can have all the open carry you want on your couch.

Sometimes, gun owners are worse enemies than anti-gunners.

Mr Patriot

imported post

As far as I know, you may open carry on your property, and that is where it stops!

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

what you'll need to do is study the cases out of your federal district and circuit courts that concern gun laws and how each bench is set up. If the environment looks good, find a way to get standing without turning yourself in to a criminal, then file a federal lawsuit.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

There's no training requirement in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, whether for open carry (OC) or concealed carry (CC). The responsibility for training lies with the firearm owner.

Here in the Keystone State the State Supreme Court has ruled that OC is legal statewide (any law prohibiting such would undoubtedly be in violation of Article 1, Section 21 of the state's constitution).

CC here is considered a privilege, hence the authority for a license, but OC requires no license since a right cannot be licensed.

ProguninTN

imported post

rankhornjp wrote:
who knew yanks were more gun-friendly than us southern folks??:shock:

Well, you have to remember:

1. Some of the restrictive laws in the South were/are rooted in racism. (Think Jim Crow, keep minorities disarmed/powerless.)

2. The original poster said he is Boca Raton. South FL is full of transplants, some from anti-gun places like NY, NJ, and MA. They dislike the idea of people carrying guns, let alone in plain site.