Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Maverick gas station ISSUE

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Just went to the local Maverick for a fill up, when i walked inside a woman, or rather a herd of women, looked right at my gun, one walked over to me and told me to leave it in the car or dont come back. i was like WTF! there are NO, no weapons signs anywhere around, i told her and she said that it doesnt mattter, so i told her that ill be talking to her supervisor tomorrow, and i am HOPING she gets fired since she was all kinds of rude about it. Anyone else have a similar issue at a Maverick? Im thinking its not policy, but rather a whole mess of gun hating profiling estrogen at the counter.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    274

    Post imported post

    What was the location of the gas station in case we want to avoid it?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    It is in Show low, quite a ways from the valley but its where i live. I will NEVER go back there except tomorrow when i complain.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Superstition Mountain, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    424

    Post imported post

    What is Maverick and where is it? (You don't have a location in your profile.)

    Let us know how it turns out if you talk to the supervisor.... maybe more of us need to stop in there.

    (Edited to add: I guess I was typing while you were answering.)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Maverick is a gas station and kinda mini mart type deal. And yea im in show low az.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    i am suprised to hear that.. there are alot of mavericks in idaho and i personally have never had any issue.. please post corporate policy when u find out....

    they get alot of business from gun owners....

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    kinda far from me. i was hoping i could stop by and pick up some cookies from them:P

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Hiredgun30 wrote:
    i am suprised to hear that.. there are alot of mavericks in idaho and i personally have never had any issue.. please post corporate policy when u find out....

    they get alot of business from gun owners....
    Im 99% sure it was just the fact that a group of women (im not sexist) just saw a young looking guy with a gun and decided they didnt like it. Ive been in there many times before with no issue and ive eve been to the one about 20 miles from this one. Still not an issue till yesterday.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    La Paz county, Arizona.
    Posts
    338

    Post imported post

    Jarod44588 wrote:
    Just went to the local Maverick for a fill up, when i walked inside a woman, or rather a herd of women, looked right at my gun, one walked over to me and told me to leave it in the car or dont come back. i was like WTF! there are NO, no weapons signs anywhere around, i told her and she said that it doesnt mattter, so i told her that ill be talking to her supervisor tomorrow, and i am HOPING she gets fired since she was all kinds of rude about it. Anyone else have a similar issue at a Maverick? Im thinking its not policy, but rather a whole mess of gun hating profiling estrogen at the counter.
    not sure I understand, some strange gal? A cop? An employee? A cheerleader?
    The town gossip?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    301

    Post imported post

    ...in Tx, the business owner has the right to ask you to leave if he spots your concealed weapon or he becomes aware of it...even if he's not posted legally with the sign...but to do it so rudely would cost him some money...we'll see what the OC law provides in that scenario if we get one passed this year...this woman seems like she was spoilin' for a fight...bet she sleeps alone....

  11. #11
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    I would have determined her 'position of authority'. Was she acting as an agent of the establishment or just mouthin' off? Really bizarre for Arizona. Bet she's a yankee or kommiefornia transplant.



  12. #12
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    Is that the new Maverick super convenience store just north of Show Low? I've OC in there a few times while passing thru on the bike. No problems!

    However, I find Show Low and Pinetop are havens for liberal tourists.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    I'd be finding out if that woman even worked there. That would have been my first question to her when she told me to leave my gun outside. If she wasn't an owner/manager/employee I would have told her to "kiss My Grits".

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    274

    Post imported post

    Admittedly I am not 100% on the law of the land here in Arizona...but it really pi$$es me off that we are subject to this kind of B.S. He did nothing wrong at all, and if there is no signage posted, how the hell will he know or anyone else. Something has to be done about this, as it is ridiculous. If a business does not allow OC'n, it should be a law that proper signage on the door needs to be placed...so many feet off the ground etc...If proper signage is not on the door, that place of business should have no right to complain and if they do be subject to a lawsuit. It makes you think what would happen if a dozen of us went in there OC'n to have a chat with the manager.

    Sorry, had to vent...plain stupid sheeple out there.

    -------------------Local Arizona Forums ------------------------

    http://www.xboxjedi.com/defense





  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    az, ,
    Posts
    685

    Post imported post

    yea its too bad that law didnt get passed that made every business provide storage if they didnt want guns in their store. cause you know no one would post signs after that due to the cost of installing storage

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    La Paz county, Arizona.
    Posts
    338

    Post imported post

    GWbiker wrote:
    Is that the new Maverick super convenience store just north of Show Low? I've OC in there a few times while passing thru on the bike. No problems!

    However, I find Show Low and Pinetop are havens for liberal tourists.
    I got some stares for open carry in Show Low, and some loud whispers of parents to their children that "he's a cop" etc but no one ever said anything to me.
    ( I dress well when I open carry, but I'm no cop! )

  17. #17
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Kinda sad that parents will lie to their children rather than truthfully explain that guns are 'legal' in Arizona.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moses Lake, Washington, USA
    Posts
    172

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Kinda sad that parents will lie to their children rather than truthfully explain that guns are 'legal' in Arizona.
    Probably more of they can't comprehend anyone but a cop being legal to carry like that.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    The one and only. Ive been in there 4 times looking for the manager, but somehow i always miss him? Idk why that is but oh well. Ive OC'd there at night a few times, and no one said anything, so everytime i get gas there im going to see if i cant spot her again to get her name.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    I agree 100%. And there was a recent shooting at the Wal mart supercenter, so now its going to go 2 ways with people, 1 is they will not like people having guns on them even more, or 2. they will be happy that somone is actually INTELLIGENT enough to arm themselves in case something similar ever happens again, which with the way the economy is going, it definately will, more people out of work, and forced/tempted to go out and rob/kill somone for their wallet.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    chrsjhnsn wrote:
    Jarod44588 wrote:
    Just went to the local Maverick for a fill up, when i walked inside a woman, or rather a herd of women, looked right at my gun, one walked over to me and told me to leave it in the car or dont come back. i was like WTF! there are NO, no weapons signs anywhere around, i told her and she said that it doesnt mattter, so i told her that ill be talking to her supervisor tomorrow, and i am HOPING she gets fired since she was all kinds of rude about it. Anyone else have a similar issue at a Maverick? Im thinking its not policy, but rather a whole mess of gun hating profiling estrogen at the counter.
    not sure I understand, some strange gal? A cop? An employee? A cheerleader?
    The town gossip?


    It was an employee, about mid 30's in age, and idk say 5'5'', in case your ever in there.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    What indicator(s) are you basing your conclusion that this woman and/or her herd were employees? They may have just been a group offollowers of the Brady Bunch, or some other idiot anti-gun organization.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Uh well they were behind the counter all with MAVERICK t-shirts on and they had name tags

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Jarod44588 wrote:
    Uh well they were behind the counter all with MAVERICK t-shirts on and they had name tags
    Oh...well....yeah, that would pretty much seal that conclusion then.

    UNLESS!

    They were members of the enemy organization "The Brady Bunch" and had captured the REAL employees and stolen their unforms and masqueraded as Maverick employees, taking over the store as a strategic base of operations. This may require a covert operation to make a certain assesment.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    could be actually, one lady who works there looks alot like Marsha, like 19 years older marsha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •