• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maverick gas station ISSUE

Jarod44588

imported post

Just went to the local Maverick for a fill up, when i walked inside a woman, or rather a herd of women, looked right at my gun, one walked over to me and told me to leave it in the car or dont come back. i was like WTF! there are NO, no weapons signs anywhere around, i told her and she said that it doesnt mattter, so i told her that ill be talking to her supervisor tomorrow, and i am HOPING she gets fired since she was all kinds of rude about it. Anyone else have a similar issue at a Maverick? Im thinking its not policy, but rather a whole mess of gun hating profiling estrogen at the counter.

Jarod44588

imported post

It is in Show low, quite a ways from the valley but its where i live. I will NEVER go back there except tomorrow when i complain.

mzbk2l

imported post

What is Maverick and where is it? (You don't have a location in your profile.)

Let us know how it turns out if you talk to the supervisor.... maybe more of us need to stop in there.

(Edited to add: I guess I was typing while you were answering.)

Jarod44588

imported post

Maverick is a gas station and kinda mini mart type deal. And yea im in show low az.

Hiredgun30

imported post

i am suprised to hear that.. there are alot of mavericks in idaho and i personally have never had any issue.. please post corporate policy when u find out....

they get alot of business from gun owners....

r6-rider

imported post

kinda far from me. i was hoping i could stop by and pick up some cookies from them:p

Jarod44588

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
i am suprised to hear that.. there are alot of mavericks in idaho and i personally have never had any issue.. please post corporate policy when u find out....

they get alot of business from gun owners....
Im 99% sure it was just the fact that a group of women (im not sexist) just saw a young looking guy with a gun and decided they didnt like it. Ive been in there many times before with no issue and ive eve been to the one about 20 miles from this one. Still not an issue till yesterday.

chrsjhnsn

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
Just went to the local Maverick for a fill up, when i walked inside a woman, or rather a herd of women, looked right at my gun, one walked over to me and told me to leave it in the car or dont come back. i was like WTF! there are NO, no weapons signs anywhere around, i told her and she said that it doesnt mattter, so i told her that ill be talking to her supervisor tomorrow, and i am HOPING she gets fired since she was all kinds of rude about it. Anyone else have a similar issue at a Maverick? Im thinking its not policy, but rather a whole mess of gun hating profiling estrogen at the counter.
not sure I understand, some strange gal? A cop? An employee? A cheerleader?
The town gossip?

sheepdog

imported post

...in Tx, the business owner has the right to ask you to leave if he spots your concealed weapon or he becomes aware of it...even if he's not posted legally with the sign...but to do it so rudely would cost him some money...we'll see what the OC law provides in that scenario if we get one passed this year...this woman seems like she was spoilin' for a fight...bet she sleeps alone....

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I would have determined her 'position of authority'. Was she acting as an agent of the establishment or just mouthin' off? Really bizarre for Arizona. Bet she's a yankee or kommiefornia transplant.

GWbiker

imported post

Is that the new Maverick super convenience store just north of Show Low? I've OC in there a few times while passing thru on the bike. No problems!

However, I find Show Low and Pinetop are havens for liberal tourists.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'd be finding out if that woman even worked there. That would have been my first question to her when she told me to leave my gun outside. If she wasn't an owner/manager/employee I would have told her to "kiss My Grits".

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Admittedly I am not 100% on the law of the land here in Arizona...but it really pi$$es me off that we are subject to this kind of B.S. He did nothing wrong at all, and if there is no signage posted, how the hell will he know or anyone else. Something has to be done about this, as it is ridiculous. If a business does not allow OC'n, it should be a law that proper signage on the door needs to be placed...so many feet off the ground etc...If proper signage is not on the door, that place of business should have no right to complain and if they do be subject to a lawsuit. It makes you think what would happen if a dozen of us went in there OC'n to have a chat with the manager.

Sorry, had to vent...plain stupid sheeple out there.

-------------------Local Arizona Forums ------------------------

http://www.xboxjedi.com/defense

site_logo.png

r6-rider

imported post

yea its too bad that law didnt get passed that made every business provide storage if they didnt want guns in their store. cause you know no one would post signs after that due to the cost of installing storage

chrsjhnsn

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Is that the new Maverick super convenience store just north of Show Low? I've OC in there a few times while passing thru on the bike. No problems!

However, I find Show Low and Pinetop are havens for liberal tourists.
I got some stares for open carry in Show Low, and some loud whispers of parents to their children that "he's a cop" etc but no one ever said anything to me.
( I dress well when I open carry, but I'm no cop! )

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Kinda sad that parents will lie to their children rather than truthfully explain that guns are 'legal' in Arizona.

Jarod44588

imported post

The one and only. Ive been in there 4 times looking for the manager, but somehow i always miss him? Idk why that is but oh well. Ive OC'd there at night a few times, and no one said anything, so everytime i get gas there im going to see if i cant spot her again to get her name.

Jarod44588

imported post

I agree 100%. And there was a recent shooting at the Wal mart supercenter, so now its going to go 2 ways with people, 1 is they will not like people having guns on them even more, or 2. they will be happy that somone is actually INTELLIGENT enough to arm themselves in case something similar ever happens again, which with the way the economy is going, it definately will, more people out of work, and forced/tempted to go out and rob/kill somone for their wallet.