• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clueless ninny speaks his mind on allowing carry on campus

david.ross

imported post

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20090209/OPINION03/902090319/1014/OPINION

Re: John Clarke's Dec. 23 article "Gun Control:"
adlabel_horz.gif

OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1'); Clarke states that our attitudes toward guns have changed from the past and that the changes in our negative feelings toward guns haven't made us safer. I wonder if there are any verifiable facts that actually support such an assertion.
Clarke's use of the shooting at Life Springs Church as a reason to allow people to carry guns on school campuses doesn't relate. Because it was an undercover security guard that shot and killed the "nutcase" and not armed parishioners brandishing weapons, I fail to see the connection. Colorado State University officials don't want armed students on campus. Do you really blame them? After all, most of them can't even drink responsibly, but you want them armed?
Clarke assures us that the sheriff and "other law enforcement officials" monitor exactly who gets guns and who doesn't. I notice that Clarke carefully avoided the Virginia Tech shooting where a "nutcase" was able to legally get high-capacity weapons to kill those students. So much for those "Law Enforcement Officials" keeping us safe from legal gun owners. The truth is that in many of the shootings we read about it's usually someone who was able to obtain firearms legally.
Trying to twist the statements of the Mahatma in an effort to imply that Gandhi wanted more weapons is just beyond belief.
Following Clarke's logic, society would be safer if everyone was armed and ready to gun down possible criminals.
Really?
No thanks.
Alan Hayashi,
Loveland

Some how this guy thinks person going to college == drunkard... wtf? :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

"Following Clarke's logic, society would be safer if everyone was armed"

Yep! That's it.

Yata hey