• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any recent news on this new range that was approved last november?

tag

imported post

"The range should be completed around the March 2009 timeframe. Mr. Andresen told me that when the range was ready, that VCDL would be invited to be the first group to have a shoot at the range, giving the staff a chance to work out any bugs before the official opening!I will, of course, let you all know once we have a firm date for the shoot and what, exactly, the rules of the shoot are going to be!"
It's going to be called "The Shooters' Range, Inc."
I'd say give it another month, and keep an eye on VA-ALERTS

hunter45

imported post

tag wrote:
"The range should be completed around the March 2009 timeframe.  Mr. Andresen told me that when the range was ready, that VCDL would be invited to be the first group to have a shoot at the range, giving the staff a chance to work out any bugs before the official opening!I will, of course, let you all know once we have a firm date for the shoot and what, exactly, the rules of the shoot are going to be!"
It's going to be called "The Shooters' Range, Inc."
I'd say give it another month, and keep an eye on VA-ALERTS

Hmm. Interesting.

eyesopened

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I think they were talking about the Silver Eagle Group.
This is for the range slated to be in Marumsco Plaza off Route 1 in Woodbridge. I haven't heard any news of it lately. I recall someone posting they drove by and it didn't look like there was any progress.

ChinChin

imported post

This is the range which will be in the same shopping plaza as the old Shooter's Paradise was in (although not the same unit SP was in.)

If the rumors are to be trusted; it will be a full-service shop selling firearms, holsters, related gear along with having 2 banks of lanes, HEPA filtration systems, classrooms and a cop-shop/sub-station on the second level.

It's a bit fo a haul for me travel wise; SEG is closer and so long as I don't mind getting the black-lung, BRA is also in my area. . .but I'll stop by and give them a whirl.

nova

imported post

Just renewed my annual membership at Gilberts. The new range on Rt. 1 is a bit far for me plus I try to avoid that part of woodbridge whenever possible :lol:. But I'll still be glad when it opens. Shooters in northern VA can always use another place to go shooting and it should also ease the load on existing ranges.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
It's a bit fo a haul for me travel wise; SEG is closer and so long as I don't mind getting the black-lung, BRA is also in my area. . .but I'll stop by and give them a whirl.
Make sure you search on BRA here before you go. You may not like what you find.

ChinChin

imported post

Tess wrote:
ChinChin wrote:
Make sure you search on BRA here before you go. You may not like what you find.

LOL. I've known of Earl for years; I was against going to BRA long before he opted to cast his vote in Novemberdue to the poor ventalation on the handgun lanes, the additude of the staff he employs and also due to the jacked up prices. I understand he is in the business of making money, but 10%-15% markup prices are laughable.

I only mentioned BRA as a range that was closer in location to my home as opposed to the new Rt 1 range.His record of voting not even factored into my decision; there would have to be major changesbefore I'll give him any of my business.

homeyclaus

imported post

SEG is not much better - on some threads in ARFCOM people posted that names matching the officers of the LLC running it to the names of major sponsors on anti-gun tickets.

Just sayin' - everyone's out be more equal than others...

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

...and don't forget the NRA range. It's been busy recently, but appears to be calming down a bit.

...oh, wait...that was on Superbowl Sunday! No Wonder! :cool:

Jason Rogers

imported post

I just drove by last week and the only change is someone smashed the right glass door on the front double doors. Therehas always beenplywood behind the windows so no entry was made that I could tell, although the wood could have been moved then repaired by the owner.-Jay