• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc Lunch Bristow Area

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will see you there. I have family coming in town so the time here works... I have also spread the word to several people I work with that have previously expressed interest, I'll give you an updated head count on thurs for who's coming with me.

Marco

imported post

Foster's will probably appreciate the business in this sluggish economy.
I'll get there a little early to secure seating on fri.

[line]
NSL, I haven't been to an Original Pancake House since leaving LV.:D
Saturday mornings are best, however not this sat.

nova

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
Foster's will probably appreciate the business in this sluggish economy.
I'll get there a little early to secure seating on fri.

[line]
NSL, I haven't been to an Original Pancake House since leaving LV.:D
Saturday mornings are best, however not this sat.
I have no plans for any future Saturday for a few weeks so when you name the place and time I'll be there.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I had thought a few days ago that I might have a chance to make it, then I got hit with a high priority assignment. This afternoon, it looks like the problem is occurring in another part of the system so the code I have been looking at may be Ok after all.

This means I might have a chance after all to make it. I'll find out tomorrow and if that's not too late, let y'all know.

Just for my own info, is the Foster's on Linton Hall next to the new Harris Teeters or in some other part of the new complex?

nova

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
I had thought a few days ago that I might have a chance to make it, then I got hit with a high priority assignment. This afternoon, it looks like the problem is occurring in another part of the system so the code I have been looking at may be Ok after all.

This means I might have a chance after all to make it. I'll find out tomorrow and if that's not too late, let y'all know.

Just for my own info, is the Foster's on Linton Hall next to the new Harris Teeters or in some other part of the new complex?
edit. I was wrong.

SouthernBoy

imported post

I know exactly where the new Target and the Red Robin is. Somehow I thought the new Fosters was in that new little center that is bordered by Linton Hall, Nokesville Road, and Vint Hill Road.

Just went back and checked the map from Agent19 and it does look like it is where I thought it was and not in the same location where the Target is.

SouthernBoy

imported post

Ok, I alerted my immediates so we'll see what happens. They virtually never turn down someone's request for some personal time out because we always seem to work well over the 80 hours in the standard two-week pay period. So if all goes well, I'll see y'all at noon.

Who's coming so far?

nova

imported post

I'll be there. I've been up all night again so forgive me of I'm zombie-like.

Marco

imported post

So far, it appears that there will be about 5-6 possibly more depending on the # Coltcarrier rounds up.

nova

imported post

The worst workload I've had so far was when I took two classes taught by the same professor. Both classes had a 10 page final paper. I made the mistake of putting it off 'till the end of the semester so I had fun writing most of both papers in less than a week. Not to mention the other 5 page paper w/ pictures of a fun day out in the national forest for a different Geog class.

BTW I got an A on both 10 page papers and full credit for my other Geog paper :celebrate

Not really sure why I couldn't sleep last night. Sometimes it just happens.

SouthernBoy

imported post

nova wrote:
The worst workload I've had so far was when I took two classes taught by the same professor. Both classes had a 10 page final paper. I made the mistake of putting it off 'till the end of the semester so I had fun writing most of both papers in less than a week. Not to mention the other 5 page paper w/ pictures of a fun day out in the national forest for a different Geog class.

BTW I got an A on both 10 page papers and full credit for my other Geog paper :celebrate

Not really sure why I couldn't sleep last night. Sometimes it just happens.

I know everybody.. seriously off topic.

I had a Systems Analysis course which required a design document for an inventory control and reporting system for the US Navy (it was all made up and totally fictional). Four of us were on our team; me and three women, one of whom was as useless as nipples on a toad. Our final document was over 360 pages and we also received A's for our effort. I still have my copy in my school archives in the basement.