Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gun show advice

Post imported post

ok, i'm renting a table at a small gun show in jackson, it is a 6' table, and they are alowing us to carry... my table is going to be strictly for open carry information...

My question to all of you is... besides the flyers that i'm going to have printed, what material should I have, and where can i get a nice 6' banner printed? or does someone have one that I can use?

i'm excited! any advice would be great.

I was also asked about books that were avalable that talk about the OC laws in varios states... anyone know where i can get these to give out or sell at the show?

JACKSON COUNTY OUTDOOR CLUB GUN SHOW PARTICULARS

WHO: ANYONE, OPEN TO PUBLIC
    WHAT: GUN SHOW
    WHEN: SATURDAY, MARCH 21, 2009; 9 AM – 3 PM
    WHERE: JCOC, 3550 HART ROAD, JACKSON, MI, 49201
    WHY: BUY, SELL, TRADE, OR SHOW: GUNS, KNIVES, FISHING, OR ARCHERY

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
    ok, i'm renting a table at a small gun show in jackson, it is a 6' table, and they are alowing us to carry... my table is going to be strictly for open carry information...

My question to all of you is... besides the flyer's that i'm going to have printed, what material should I have, and where can i get a nice 6' banner printed? or does someone have one that I can use?

i'm excited! any advice would be great.

I was also asked about books that were avalable that talk about the OC laws in varios states... anyone know where i can get these to give out or sell at the show?
    Well the nationalsite has lots of info on OC in other states. Look at the top of this page and you will see a banner with maps. Click on it, it has lots of info by state. MOC does have some banners you could possible use. They are in the Lansing area at this time. PM me for logistics.

As for the flyer's if you use any of our brochures please delete the word BAR from the prohibited places under the 750.234d reference. When is the gun show? Do you need help manning the table?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Skip Coryell might have some books for you.

http://www.whitefeatherpress.com/id9.html

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Depending on the Date, I might be able to help man the table. If you are interested in company, let me know.

Ben

Post imported post

JACKSON COUNTY OUTDOOR CLUB
    GUN SHOW PARTICULARS

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I believe I could make that. Let me know if you do in fact want some company

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

can we OC while manning the table? *that* is the question.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    can we OC while manning the table? *that* is the question.
    I did ask, and yes, yes we can. This is a privat club where this is being held and will not have the usual "no guns aloud at the gun show" so I will be very strapped!

Post imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
    JACKSON COUNTY OUTDOOR CLUB
    GUN SHOW PARTICULARS
    I could be there for a couple of hours, that day we have the talk show at 3:00 so I would have to leave early to go to Flint.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

www.gunfacts.info

Venator, do you remember the link to the book Steve turned you on to?

These aren't exactly cheap, but you could have one or two there, with information on how to get them.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    http://www.gunfacts.info

Venator, do you remember the link to the book Steve turned you on to?

These aren't exactly cheap, but you could have one or two there, with information on how to get them.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...0963--,00.html Call the number and order over the phone.

I have been in contact with Skip Coryell and he will get Kimberguy some handouts for the 2nd amendment march.

Also Kimberguy needs photos of events. He and I talked last night and came up with some ideas for the gun show. One was to have a photo album of our get-togethers for people to look through. So if you have a decent quality photo of any event you have been to let him know. He can also get some from the events thread as many photos have been posted. He could also print out the news articles of some of our events from the news thread (sticky) and have them on hand for people to read.

Post imported post

Kimberguy, this is what the banner looks like.

Post imported post

He is a graphic of the banner.

Post imported post

hope you guys dont mind if i hijack this thread for a quick (hopefully quick) question.

if a gun show is ran on public property (county fairgrounds), can those running the gun show on public property restrict us from carrying?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    hope you guys dont mind if i hijack this thread for a quick (hopefully quick) question.

if a gun show is ran on public property (county fairgrounds), can those running the gun show on public property restrict us from carrying?
    Depends on the county. Many counties have fairgrounds owned by a private property.

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:

We have talked about fairgrounds often. Many fairs are run by private groups and can and do ban weapons. Some don't. State fair grounds have enacted rules that prohibit firearms.

In regards to the Lansing knife and gun show, they rent the building and the shows lawyers ban loaded guns because of liability issues. So to answer it depends.

The gun show in this thread is at a local sportsman's club and allows CC or OC.

Post imported post

thanks guys. i will have to look into this further.

Post imported post

If anyone has pictures of open carry events, please e-mail them to me at
    usmc1371combatengineer@yahoo.com

I am putting together an album for the gun show... I am oober excited, i think this will be great!

Post imported post

Chris look here there are alot of pictures of past events.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=386571494

Post imported post

This is probably off basis of the conversations on this post, but is CC allowed at gun shows?

Custom.45acp

Post imported post

custom.45acp wrote:
    This is probably off basis of the conversations on this post, but is CC allowed at gun shows?

Custom.45acp
    Depends on the gun show, just like OC. If it's private property, they can definitely prohibit CC. In general, if they can prohibit OC, they can prohibit CC as well.

Post imported post

I was specifically referring to this one mentioned below. Hope this helps to answer my question.

http://www.migunshows.com/grandmap.html

Custom.45acp

Post imported post

per their information sheet....

5. No loaded firearms in show, except for police officers
    with badge and I.D.

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    per their information sheet....

5. No loaded firearms in show, except for police officers
    with badge and I.D.
    Thank you for the response, but where did you get your information? (Reference for myself and others)

Thank you,

Custom.45acp

Post imported post

once i get home where i can get to the site, i can give you an exact link. its under one of the links on the main web site page. plus i know from the few of their shows i have been to (not that specific location) they have always posted no guns at the front doors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast