• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun show advice

Kimberguy

imported post

ok, i'm renting a table at a small gun show in jackson, it is a 6' table, and they are alowing us to carry... my table is going to be strictly for open carry information...

My question to all of you is... besides the flyers that i'm going to have printed, what material should I have, and where can i get a nice 6' banner printed? or does someone have one that I can use?

i'm excited! any advice would be great.

I was also asked about books that were avalable that talk about the OC laws in varios states... anyone know where i can get these to give out or sell at the show?

JACKSON COUNTY OUTDOOR CLUB GUN SHOW PARTICULARS

WHO: ANYONE, OPEN TO PUBLIC
WHAT: GUN SHOW
WHEN: SATURDAY, MARCH 21, 2009; 9 AM – 3 PM
WHERE: JCOC, 3550 HART ROAD, JACKSON, MI, 49201
WHY: BUY, SELL, TRADE, OR SHOW: GUNS, KNIVES, FISHING, OR ARCHERY

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
ok, i'm renting a table at a small gun show in jackson, it is a 6' table, and they are alowing us to carry... my table is going to be strictly for open carry information...

My question to all of you is... besides the flyer's that i'm going to have printed, what material should I have, and where can i get a nice 6' banner printed? or does someone have one that I can use?

i'm excited! any advice would be great.

I was also asked about books that were avalable that talk about the OC laws in varios states... anyone know where i can get these to give out or sell at the show?

Well the nationalsite has lots of info on OC in other states. Look at the top of this page and you will see a banner with maps. Click on it, it has lots of info by state. MOC does have some banners you could possible use. They are in the Lansing area at this time. PM me for logistics.

As for the flyer's if you use any of our brochures please delete the word BAR from the prohibited places under the 750.234d reference. When is the gun show? Do you need help manning the table?

Kimberguy

imported post

JACKSON COUNTY OUTDOOR CLUB
GUN SHOW PARTICULARS

Kimberguy

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
can we OC while manning the table? *that* is the question.

I did ask, and yes, yes we can. This is a privat club where this is being held and will not have the usual "no guns aloud at the gun show" so I will be very strapped!

Venator

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
JACKSON COUNTY OUTDOOR CLUB
GUN SHOW PARTICULARS
I could be there for a couple of hours, that day we have the talk show at 3:00 so I would have to leave early to go to Flint.

Venator

imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
http://www.gunfacts.info

Venator, do you remember the link to the book Steve turned you on to?

These aren't exactly cheap, but you could have one or two there, with information on how to get them.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123--140963--,00.html Call the number and order over the phone.

I have been in contact with Skip Coryell and he will get Kimberguy some handouts for the 2nd amendment march.

Also Kimberguy needs photos of events. He and I talked last night and came up with some ideas for the gun show. One was to have a photo album of our get-togethers for people to look through. So if you have a decent quality photo of any event you have been to let him know. He can also get some from the events thread as many photos have been posted. He could also print out the news articles of some of our events from the news thread (sticky) and have them on hand for people to read.

viperar15

imported post

hope you guys dont mind if i hijack this thread for a quick (hopefully quick) question.

if a gun show is ran on public property (county fairgrounds), can those running the gun show on public property restrict us from carrying?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
hope you guys dont mind if i hijack this thread for a quick (hopefully quick) question.

if a gun show is ran on public property (county fairgrounds), can those running the gun show on public property restrict us from carrying?

Depends on the county. Many counties have fairgrounds owned by a private property.

Venator

imported post

viperar15 wrote:

We have talked about fairgrounds often. Many fairs are run by private groups and can and do ban weapons. Some don't. State fair grounds have enacted rules that prohibit firearms.

In regards to the Lansing knife and gun show, they rent the building and the shows lawyers ban loaded guns because of liability issues. So to answer it depends.

The gun show in this thread is at a local sportsman's club and allows CC or OC.