• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California ordered to release 10,000s of inmatres

Alexcabbie

imported post

We could probably free up quite a few spaces by releasing people convicted of trafficking or posession with intent to distribute cannabis products (marijuana hashish etc.) when there are no aggravating factors such as sales to certain minors or involvement of minors in the business; or use of actual violence in furtherance of the enterprise. Also persons in prison for mere possession of anything ought to be released as unless they want to stop they wil be right back on the dope the moment they are released and keeping them locked up is just postponing the inevitable, and using tax dollars at that.

So-called "drug treatment" in prison is nothing more than a Kabuki that an addicrt will dance to gain his or her freedom. I once was in love with a junkie who was on Methadone. I persuaded this junkie to get totally clean and free. This junkie then stayed clean for a week, fell off the wagon, tried - as junkies will - to get me to partake of that hell-dressed-as-paradise and when I refused, dumped me.

This junkie died of an overdose.

If they don't want to get clean and stay clean they will not. Give their bed and prison meals to people who need punishment.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

California prisons are filled with nonviolent offenders and victims of "three strikes" laws whose felonious guilt is for nothing more than an unconstitutional malum prohibitum offense.

We might as well shut them down and start over. "Justice" in California has become a joke, a subject for ridicule.

demnogis

imported post

If we extradited non-legal-immigrants that we've been detaining for their crimes we could cut a large bill right there.

California is the worst on drug charges for marijuana. I don't promote or condone it's use, but I feel the charges for possessing it are way too overbearing.