• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Police

G27

imported post

Ok, completely off topic and I'm sorry! But I'm just curious if anyone else has seen the increase of Federal Police (Homeland Security?) vehicles driving around the Puget Sound area? I've seen them in Tacoma all the time, especially on I-5, but I've seen them in Silverdale/Bremerton area a lot. Just a scary observation I've noticed lately.

eardoc

imported post

I live up north in Bellingham so I'm kind of used to seeing them around the area. Personally I wouldn't consider their increased presence to be "scary". I know that they are going to be increasing their patrols in preparation for the Vancouver Olympics. As a side note, they are in the process of hiring 11,000 new agents. If I don't get into graduate school, I think I might pursue one of those 11K.

DEROS72

imported post

Personally I find it very scary in light of the direction the new admi.is headed .It sounds out there but that is how the gestapo slowly got started in 1933.In 1934 that new administration banned all owner ship of guns......

just_a_car

imported post

They have jurisdiction 200 miles from the border. That goes all the way down to about Centrailia... yano, 'bout 80 miles from the WA-OR border.

Does that bug me? sure... It means they can put up an arbitrary roadblock (as they've done on I-20 before) and check people for citizenship... yano, in violation of the US Constitution and WA Constitution.

DEROS72

imported post

It sounds harsh but I think that we should be checking at times for citizenship.I'm tired of my tax dollars being paid out to non Americans.Just think how much we could save if we are not paying out to illegals.I'm tired of people in America thinking they are entiled to support for the simple fact they exist.What have they done to earn my tax dollar.American citizens are the only people that should be getting assistance.

sirpuma

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Personally I find it very scary in light of the direction the new admi.is headed .It sounds out there but that is how the gestapo slowly got started in 1933.In 1934 that new administration banned all owner ship of guns......
Actually, they didn't. Firearms were required to be registered, but they weren't outright banned. You may want to look up the information about that.

The 1968 Gun Control Act was modeled after the German law of 1938. Hitler did tighten things up in 1938 by restricting ownership, but it still wasn't an outright ban.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3384

This site lists some very recent laws in Germany. These are much more restrictive than what the Nazi's put in place.

Wikipedia has some history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Weapons_Law

"In 1928, the German government enacted the Law on Firearms and Ammunition. This law relaxed gun restrictions and put into effect a strict firearm licensing scheme. Under this scheme, Germans could possess firearms, but they were required to have separate permits to do the following: own or sell firearms, carry firearms (including handguns), manufacture firearms, and professionally deal in firearms and ammunition. This law explicitly revoked the 1919 Regulations on Weapons Ownership, which had banned all firearms possession."

Under Hitlers law
" # Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, "The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition."
# The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and Nazi party members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.
# The age at which persons could own guns was lowered from 20 to 18.
# The firearms carry permit was valid for three years instead of one year.
# Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing of firearms and ammunition).

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year. On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, passed Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons

just_a_car

imported post

Well, when it comes to DHS checkpoints for citizenship, that's illegal (even though the Patriot Act says it's not). And, honestly, I have no problem with checking for citizenship for being on Welfare, Unemployment and the like, but that has nothing to do with traveling in your vehicle freely around the country.

The whole thing reminds me of a scene in The Hunt for Red October and I direct you to this mp3 of the scene: http://www.moviesounds.com/redoct/montana.mp3

DEROS72

imported post

In principle I would agree with that.Heres where I have issues.I have a friend that works at the safeway where I stop for coffee in the morning.She see the same person during a week that can't speak engish with 2 or three different food stamp cards.WTF over.People like that I think should be checked for citizenship or a green card.We have become way to tolerant in this country.My neigborhood in south Texas when growing up in the late 50's and 60's would have never allow someone walking around wearing a burka.We need to get back to those standards.We are allowing ourselves to become a third world toilet....!!

heresolong

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
My neigborhood in south Texas when growing up in the late 50's and 60's would have never allow someone walking around wearing a burka.
Allowed? You have the right to decide whether to "allow" someone to dress the way they want? What do you care if they wear a burka? Other than identification purposes such as driver's licenses, etc, for which they should be required to uncover the face, what difference does it make what they are wearing when they walk around?

Tawnos

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
In principle I would agree with that.Heres where I have issues.I have a friend that works at the safeway where I stop for coffee in the morning.She see the same person during a week that can't speak engish with 2 or three different food stamp cards.WTF over.People like that I think should be checked for citizenship or a green card.We have become way to tolerant in this country.My neigborhood in south Texas when growing up in the late 50's and 60's would have never allow someone walking around wearing a burka.We need to get back to those standards.We are allowing ourselves to become a third world toilet....!!
*sarcasm on, using your "logic"*

You are hereby banned from wearing a cross or any other sign or symbol of your religious affiliation. Putting a fish decal on your car? Forbidden, we don't allow that here.

Since you spell poorly and use bad grammar, I'm going to need to check your citizenship, too. Can never be too careful, and hey, as you said, if you can't speak the language... obviously you're incapable of doing so properly, so how am I to know you're not some foreign sleeper agent? In fact, due to that risk, I'm also going to need to verify your heritage at least two generations back, there could be forged or planted documents.

It's all in the name of Homeland Security.

*sarcasm off*

What, do you think being a white man means you have more rights than your fellow humans?

Trigger Dr

imported post

The last issue of the Bremerton Sun had an article dealing with the "border searches". The Sheriff of Clallam county and the Sheriff of Jefferson county have refused the federal money and will not assist in the detainments. Clallam County sheriff said they would not book anyone arrested in these searches.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
The last issue of the Bremerton Sun had an article dealing with the "border searches". The Sheriff of Clallam county and the Sheriff of Jefferson county have refused the federal money and will not assist in the detainments. Clallam County sheriff said they would not book anyone arrested in these searches.
Good men!

jbone

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
It sounds harsh but I think that we should be checking at times for citizenship.I'm tired of my tax dollars being paid out to non Americans.Just think how much we could save if we are not paying out to illegals.I'm tired of people in America thinking they are entiled to support for the simple fact they exist.What have they done to earn my tax dollar.American citizens are the only people that should be getting assistance.

I was on my way to Sam's gun shopweek as I passed by the Home depot on Evergreen/99 I saw close to 50 Latino males in the parking lot waiting for the next contractor/construction hiring drive by. Lord I though I was back in San Diego. Didn’t see any LOE checking for green cards, I’d bet most if not all were illegal. Why the hell doesn’t the building industry use the job hiring banks to findlegal employees? Millions of americans out of work and this BS happens everyday.

joeroket

imported post

jbone wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

I was on my way to Sam's gun shopweek as I passed by the Home depot on Evergreen/99 I saw close to 50 Latino males in the parking lot waiting for the next contractor/construction hiring drive by. Lord I though I was back in San Diego. Didn’t see any LOE checking for green cards, I’d bet most if not all were illegal. Why the hell doesn’t the building industry use the job hiring banks to findlegal employees? Millions of americans out of work and this BS happens everyday.

You won't see LEO asking for green cards. This has been reserved for the federal government and local police departments that submit an application and complete training to act as an immigration officer. Very few departments have gone through the hoops to do it.

sirpuma

imported post

jbone wrote
Why the hell doesn’t the building industry use the job hiring banks to findlegal employees? Millions of americans out of work and this BS happens everyday.
Simple, $$$$. Americans want decent wages. Illegals don't care if they work for $4 per hour. They live 3 or 4 families in a two bedroom apartment to save on costs. They don't pay taxes. Many send loads of money back to Mexico to bring more of them over.

jbone

imported post

joeroket wrote:
jbone wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

You won't see LEO asking for green cards. This has been reserved for the federal government and local police departments that submit an application and complete training to act as an immigration officer. Very few departments have gone through the hoops to do it.

So in a nut shell every city that fails apply and enforcement is now a sanctuary city?