• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho laws/rights tri-fold pamphlet

thefirststrike

imported post

I met some ofmy fellowOC'ers in Pullman, Washington this past Saturday and one of them gave me one of their trifold pamphlets that they hand to LEO's and citizens. It is a very nice, glossy, full color pamphlet, likea tourist brochure.

I live in Moscow, Idaho, and I was wondering if anyone in Idaho had made one for our state. I have been thinking about making one myself, but I would like to see if anyone has already done it, and maybe get a copy. If anyone else has already made them, then I won't need to, but otherwise I think I will work on one for our state.

I made some informational "business cards" which have my personal reasons why I OC, the Federal and State Constitutional amendments for RKBA as well as a website cite for them to find the state consitution, and the web address for the OCDO website.But I think a trifold would be better and could contain more information.

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

Well, I would be willing to develop one, but I would need help on getting all the laws etc correct, as I am in no way completely up to speed on everything. I am a newby to OC and only have the very simplest understanding of the laws. But one thing I do have is plenty of time after work to work on something while I wind down for bed...LOL

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

So I am guessing by the lack of responses to my original post that no one is interested in a tri-fold pamphlet for Idaho? I didn't have anyone respond saying that one already existed or how to get it, so I am assuming that one doesn't exist yet.

I am willing to make one, but I would like some input if anyone wants such a thing, or if I am doing this just for me. And I will need help to make sure I get the laws and other info correct.

SO once again...is anyone interested in something like this for Idaho, or am I banging my head against a brick wall here?

Dave

rpyne

imported post

I don't currently live in Idaho, but I am an Idaho native and travel there quite often. I would definitely be interested in a tri-fold pamphlet on Idaho Gun Laws.

I was in Idaho over the weekend visiting my brother. When he saw the pamphlet I had for Utah he expressed interest in one for Idaho.

I am not much of a writer, but I am willing to help where I can.

thefirststrike

imported post

I don't currently live in Idaho, but I am an Idaho native and travel there quite often. I would definitely be interested in a tri-fold pamphlet on Idaho Gun Laws.

I was in Idaho over the weekend visiting my brother. When he saw the pamphlet I had for Utah he expressed interest in one for Idaho.

I am not much of a writer, but I am willing to help where I can.

rpyne,

Can you get me a copy of the Utah pamphet, or direct me to a website where it can be found, which I could use for ideas about formatting, what to cover etc? I have a hard copy of the Washington one, given to me by one of the Pullman,WA. OC'er si met a few weeks ago, and it is available on the forum here, and I have a business card which I made up for my own use, but more ideas wouldn't hurt.

thefirststrike

imported post

I am very interested and grateful that you are willing to do this. It is long overdue.

boom,

I plan on making one for myown use,regardless of the demand for it from anyone else, so no problem (but of course my plan has always been to make it available to anyone who wants it...maybe by posting it in the forum like they did with the one for Washington). I just don't know how soon I can get to work on it or how soon I can have it done. I am not super savvy when it comes to anything more than basic computer skills, so I have to work out or find out the formatting etc.

I am currently having some issues with my car and some other things which are taking most of my free time right now, but I hope to have some of that cleared up within a few weeks, and maybe I can start on the pamphlets after that.

I have some business cards which I made up for my own use, and they will be my starting point, but any input is welcome. Also I will want to make sure the final product is correct and factual by having interested parties review it and check my quotes, law references etc.

So don't be discouraged if you don't see any progress on this right away, it just may have to go on the back burner for a little while. But like I said, I will definitely be making one, because I want it for myself, even if no one else wants it.

So where are you in North Idaho? I am in Moscow.

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

I am very interested and grateful that you are willing to do this. It is long overdue.

boom,

I plan on making one for myown use,regardless of the demand for it from anyone else, so no problem (but of course my plan has always been to make it available to anyone who wants it...maybe by posting it in the forum like they did with the one for Washington). I just don't know how soon I can get to work on it or how soon I can have it done. I am not super savvy when it comes to anything more than basic computer skills, so I have to work out or find out the formatting etc.

I am currently having some issues with my car and some other things which are taking most of my free time right now, but I hope to have some of that cleared up within a few weeks, and maybe I can start on the pamphlets after that.

I have some business cards which I made up for my own use, and they will be my starting point, but any input is welcome. Also I will want to make sure the final product is correct and factual by having interested parties review it and check my quotes, law references etc.

So don't be discouraged if you don't see any progress on this right away, it just may have to go on the back burner for a little while. But like I said, I will definitely be making one, because I want it for myself, even if no one else wants it.

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

boom,

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

rpyne wrote:

Yes. Very similar to what I had in mind, says many of the same things I was thinking of saying, and some of that is already on the business card I made up. I will have to see if I can figure out how to copy/paste my cards for you all to see.

I will use it for ideas, inspiration and maybe rephrase some of it for our state. Thanks.

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

Why do I Open Carry?

1) Personal Safety – Because I take personal responsibility for my own safety and the safety of my family.

2) Community Safety – Because I believe that my community is more secure when its citizens are prepared to defend it.

3) Liberty – Because it is an affirmation of my Federal and State Constitutional rights, as a free, responsible, law abiding member of society.

4) Activism – Because we must exercise our rights or we risk losing them.

5) Community Education – Because the general public must be conditioned to accept open carry as normal, as it is my right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Article II (Second Amendment) of the Bill of Rights Constitution of the United States of America

"The people have the right to keep and bear arms, which right shall not be abridged…" Constitution of the State of Idaho Article 1: Declaration of Rights Section 1: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms (www3.state.id.us)

For more information about Open Carry laws and statutes in the various states, or to participate in Open Carry discussion forums, go to http://www.Opencarry.org.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what my OC "business cards" say...(but it didn't copy/paste very well). They are in a format that allows me to print them onto standard business card size stock. I print it out one sided, side by side and then fold it over into a 2 "page" card. I carry them in my wallet whenever I am out and about and OC'ing. This isn't how it looks on the card...I just didn't transfer it very well...sorry ;)

idahoguy84

imported post

I'm willing to help - former tech writer, publishing experience, now a law student at UI in Moscow. Let me know if you want to coordinate something.

thefirststrike

imported post

idahoguy84 wrote:
I'm willing to help - former tech writer, publishing experience, now a law student at UI in Moscow. Let me know if you want to coordinate something.
Kewl. I will almost certainly take you up on that offer whenever I get it started.

Plus just an aside...we should get together, I can also introduce you to another U of I student as well as some OC'ers I have met in Pullman. One of the Pullman guys has been asking about us getting another OC lunch or something planned. Maybe we could all get something going. I will keep you posted.

idahoguy84

imported post

sounds awesome. I've met a few hunters around classes but nobody really into firearms. I have a CWL but don't really carry concealed a lot, mostly just have weapons in the vehicle. Don't want to get kicked out of school if the campus Gestapo get too nosy.

I went ahead, took a couple hours, and slapped together a tri-fold with mostly the CWL law in it. I'd like to get comment from the OC'ers out there based on personal experience. There doesn't seem to be any statute or case law governing OC.

Let me know what needs changed - we'll get this thing done.

NightOwl

imported post

That looks great! I'd suggest a little bit of a change in formatting though, to group the specific codes such that they're all on one open page. Should someone need to refer to them, ie when stopped by the police and questioned about the firearm, it would probably have a bit more ease of use in that case, as opposed to flipping it over back and forth. Also, if there are any useful phone numbers that would be applicable throughout the state, that might be worthwhile to put on there, though off the top of my head I'm drawing a blank.

Regardless, it's good enough already that I'm tempted to print it out right now and stick a couple in my glove box. Thanks a whole lot for putting the time and effort into it to put this together.