Thread: Ft. Lewis Sirens and loudspeakers.

Post imported post

Anybody know what was going on at 4:00am down at Ft. Lewis. I woke up to announcements on loudspeakers that must have been all over the base and then what sounded like air raid sirens from 4-6am. Sound travels pretty well across American Lake but this was really LOUD for being so far away. I'm used to therat-ta-tat-tat of the machine guns and the louder artillery but this was kinda erie in the early morning.

Post imported post

Consider it one of the "Sounds of Freedom".

Could have been an Alert which often occurs on military bases. When I was on active duty I remember they mixed things up in order to keep us on our toes. Sometimes just an alarm in the barracks and at others sirens, alarms, PA's, and Ammo trailers delivered to the Company area.

If you didn't see it on Kiro TV or read about it in the Newspaper, it was most likely a training activity.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Yep, Division alert.

Post imported post

Cool, I've lived here since 94 and have never heard it quite like that! By 4:02 I had done my weapons check, rolled around in the mud behind the garage and dove into the bunker with all mygear. My wife was a little slower- it was almost 4:45 before she brought me a cup of coffee. :-P

Post imported post

Nosrac wrote:
    Cool, I've lived here since 94 and have never heard it quite like that! By 4:02 I had done my weapons check, rolled around in the mud behind the garage and dove into the bunker with all mygear. My wife was a little slower- it was almost 4:45 before she brought me a cup of coffee. :-P
    Hahahaha, that's good. I need to build me a bunker. :P

Post imported post

Did you lay out your TA-50 for the neighbors to inspect? Only 3 pair black wool socks!?!? Push soldier!