Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Organized OC

Post imported post

Will we have an organized OC sometime in the near future around the Reno/Sparks area Maybe go for beers or pool. WADDAYA SAY

Post imported post

sounds good to me! btw im a newbie here, i have lived in NV for 10 months now, good thing i got out of scummy california while i could, anyways im also a member at reno4x4.com
    i open carry alot

Post imported post

If I can make it up there I will, but I try to avoid reno... It smells! j/k! :P

Post imported post

no beers, not allowed to if u open carry, but pool and a good burger with some good soda pop wont hurt!

Post imported post

You can drink beer up to .1 I think in nevada.

Edit: unless you Conceal

Activist Member

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum delta246.

ourmanthejoker wrote:

Legally, .10 is the limit for any method of carrying a firearm. I don't believe it matters whether it is carried openly or concealed.

But personally, I'd go for the burger and skip the alcoholic beverages. (Not that I could legally purchase such ethanol-infused drinks anyway.)

Post imported post

Sounds good. I may not have my gun by then, but I'd still like to get to know a few fellow OCers. I'll pass on the alcoholic bevages too.

Post imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
    Welcome to the forum delta246.

ourmanthejoker wrote:

Legally, .10 is the limit for any method of carrying a firearm. I don't believe it matters whether it is carried openly or concealed.

But personally, I'd go for the burger and skip the alcoholic beverages. (Not that I could legally purchase such ethanol-infused drinks anyway.)
    Agreed. It is lawful to have a drink while OC or CC. .1% is the legal limit.

Advisable? Only you can decide.

Personally, I refrain from drinking while carrying; caveat: Having a (ONE) drink, for example while dining, etc) is perhaps no big deal.

But just think of the implications if something happened that required the use of your firearm. Prosecutor to witness: "And what was Mr X's Blood Alcohol Content when he ... ?"

Post imported post

well i live right by washoe county sherriffs dept, i will be going there today at 630 for my SAR meeting, so thanks for the welcome, also check out reno4x4 it is a good website as well. i look foward to meeting our fellow OC members

Post imported post

i think we should get more members involved in an OC day, and meet, we gotta get more members!

Post imported post

Sounds good, I will have to go around OC this weekend and scope out wich places may be ideal, Such as Anchors Bar & Grill in Sparks Or if I can get a flyer ready in time we could cruise around the Sparks Marina and if questioned hand out flyers, all in all it's about the unity of our fellow OC'ers and defending OUR RIGHTS!!

Post imported post

thats right, did u check out reno4x4.com?

Post imported post

Nah Man, I will i get slapped ont he wrist for tinkering around the Interweb at work enough. I will check it our when I get home, and Even if it's me n you that have an OC day so be it.

Post imported post

thats fine with me by, not a warning just throwin this out there i am a yung buck only 21, there are alot of NV resident who are ignorant about their rights, and its not really our job to educate them further , but i shall have plenty of open carry flyers, we need more members to go with, yeah 2 ppl sounds good, but it will give the appearance of an unorganized OC club, if we have more people with us, it will seem to others like we are more like a organized club etc
    just my .2 cents

Post imported post

Sounds good well see If anything else pops up on this post, and see if we can lock down any solid meet dates times, area member count etc. If you have flyers great, and your right it's not our job to educate the sheep, but it sure doesn't hurt our cause to give people awareness and a heads up. What is your carry gun anyway?

Post imported post

i carry a smith and wesson mod 457 compact .45acp, single stack .45mags, i carry one in the smith and 2 on my side with black talons baby! enough said!

Post imported post

Sweet deal. how you like S&W

Post imported post

lol I thought they took the Black talons off the market in 2000 replaced with the Ranger SXT lol SXT Meaning SAME EXACT THING!!! anyhooo can you still get ahold of em in .40 I currently carry the Hornaday Custom Hollow Points

Post imported post

not bad. im going to get my ccw as well, but dosnt mean i wont open carry at times, etc. u cant buy them i just had a friend who needed to get rid of his stash cuz he couldnt own guns anymore so i got alot of cool ammo from him. i sold most of it, i only got about 50 rds of that black talon ****, but my smith is good, never had any double feeds, or fail to fire, or a jam, it will eat anything u give it, reguardless, but i want to get a new handgun soon. prob a HK or a springfield XD

Post imported post

LOVE MY XD.

Post imported post

i want to get the xdm .45 wen it comes out, or i might get the 9mm 19+1 is nice

Post imported post

I'm not gonna rag on the Nine MM because I have personally never owned one. I would rather have something more high caliber, .40 and .45 will break bone plow through flesh, go back out the BG, and keep goin. 9MM from cop case files have been know to bounce off bone skipping away in a non lethal direction, although there was one case where a man that took his own life with .40cal shot it under the tounge but the bullet did not penetrate out the backside of the skull, wich amazes me. More bullets doesn't really mean better, 19+1 cap just screams that you will need at least half of those to put a BG down if need be lol.

If this is to grewsome as to the real nature of what a gun can do. I'm sorry just getting a feel for what is appropriate on this forumn.

Post imported post

oh there is no way i would carry a 9mm, no way in hell, im just talkin for plinking and having fun gun only, i would only carry a .45 myself i love the caliber, but yeah i want to get a xdm 9 for fun shoointg etc

Activist Member

Post imported post

For anyone who is interested in the topic of terminal ballistics, I highly recommend reading this document written by the FBI. It is by far the most scientific study I've seen.
    http://www.firearmstactical.com/pdf/fbi-hwfe.pdf

Post imported post

775Sabot775 wrote:
    Sounds good, I will have to go around OC this weekend and scope out wich places may be ideal, Such as Anchors Bar & Grill in Sparks Or if I can get a flyer ready in time we could cruise around the Sparks Marina and if questioned hand out flyers, all in all it's about the unity of our fellow OC'ers and defending OUR RIGHTS!!
    I'd like to suggest staying away from Anchors. The new owners treated one of our forum guys on reno4x4 very poorly, and lots of folk suggested a boycott.

Also, worthy of note: the Marina Park is posted No Firearms. The one sign that mentions it is out near the end of the homes on the path, near the construction yard. Been up for as long as I can remember. Anyone know if it qualifies as a Park under one of those ridiculous Park carry laws? City property? Just a heads up.

I'd probably be down for a meet. :celebrate

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast