• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Organized OC

delta246

imported post

sounds good to me! btw im a newbie here, i have lived in NV for 10 months now, good thing i got out of scummy california while i could, anyways im also a member at reno4x4.com
i open carry alot

ourmanthejoker

imported post

If I can make it up there I will, but I try to avoid reno... It smells! j/k! :lol: :p

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Welcome to the forum delta246.

ourmanthejoker wrote:
You can drink beer up to .1 I think in nevada.

Edit: unless you Conceal

Legally, .10 is the limit for any method of carrying a firearm. I don't believe it matters whether it is carried openly or concealed.

But personally, I'd go for the burger and skip the alcoholic beverages. (Not that I could legally purchase such ethanol-infused drinks anyway.)

Lord Vader

imported post

Sounds good. I may not have my gun by then, but I'd still like to get to know a few fellow OCers. I'll pass on the alcoholic bevages too.

varminter22

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
Welcome to the forum delta246.

ourmanthejoker wrote:
You can drink beer up to .1 I think in nevada.

Edit: unless you Conceal

Legally, .10 is the limit for any method of carrying a firearm. I don't believe it matters whether it is carried openly or concealed.

But personally, I'd go for the burger and skip the alcoholic beverages. (Not that I could legally purchase such ethanol-infused drinks anyway.)

Agreed. It is lawful to have a drink while OC or CC. .1% is the legal limit.

Advisable? Only you can decide.

Personally, I refrain from drinking while carrying; caveat: Having a (ONE) drink, for example while dining, etc) is perhaps no big deal.

But just think of the implications if something happened that required the use of your firearm. Prosecutor to witness: "And what was Mr X's Blood Alcohol Content when he ... ?"

delta246

imported post

well i live right by washoe county sherriffs dept, i will be going there today at 630 for my SAR meeting, so thanks for the welcome, also check out reno4x4 it is a good website as well. i look foward to meeting our fellow OC members

775Sabot775

imported post

Sounds good, I will have to go around OC this weekend and scope out wich places may be ideal, Such as Anchors Bar & Grill in Sparks Or if I can get a flyer ready in time we could cruise around the Sparks Marina and if questioned hand out flyers, all in all it's about the unity of our fellow OC'ers and defending OUR RIGHTS!!

775Sabot775

imported post

Nah Man, I will i get slapped ont he wrist for tinkering around the Interweb at work enough. I will check it our when I get home, and Even if it's me n you that have an OC day so be it.

delta246

imported post

thats fine with me by, not a warning just throwin this out there i am a yung buck only 21, there are alot of NV resident who are ignorant about their rights, and its not really our job to educate them further , but i shall have plenty of open carry flyers, we need more members to go with, yeah 2 ppl sounds good, but it will give the appearance of an unorganized OC club, if we have more people with us, it will seem to others like we are more like a organized club etc
just my .2 cents

775Sabot775

imported post

Sounds good well see If anything else pops up on this post, and see if we can lock down any solid meet dates times, area member count etc. If you have flyers great, and your right it's not our job to educate the sheep, but it sure doesn't hurt our cause to give people awareness and a heads up. What is your carry gun anyway?

delta246

imported post

i carry a smith and wesson mod 457 compact .45acp, single stack .45mags, i carry one in the smith and 2 on my side with black talons baby! enough said!

775Sabot775

imported post

lol I thought they took the Black talons off the market in 2000 replaced with the Ranger SXT lol SXT Meaning SAME EXACT THING!!! anyhooo can you still get ahold of em in .40 I currently carry the Hornaday Custom Hollow Points

delta246

imported post

not bad. im going to get my ccw as well, but dosnt mean i wont open carry at times, etc. u cant buy them i just had a friend who needed to get rid of his stash cuz he couldnt own guns anymore so i got alot of cool ammo from him. i sold most of it, i only got about 50 rds of that black talon shit, but my smith is good, never had any double feeds, or fail to fire, or a jam, it will eat anything u give it, reguardless, but i want to get a new handgun soon. prob a HK or a springfield XD