• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Organized OC

775Sabot775

imported post

I'm not gonna rag on the Nine MM because I have personally never owned one. I would rather have something more high caliber, .40 and .45 will break bone plow through flesh, go back out the BG, and keep goin. 9MM from cop case files have been know to bounce off bone skipping away in a non lethal direction, although there was one case where a man that took his own life with .40cal shot it under the tounge but the bullet did not penetrate out the backside of the skull, wich amazes me. More bullets doesn't really mean better, 19+1 cap just screams that you will need at least half of those to put a BG down if need be lol.

If this is to grewsome as to the real nature of what a gun can do. I'm sorry just getting a feel for what is appropriate on this forumn.

delta246

imported post

oh there is no way i would carry a 9mm, no way in hell, im just talkin for plinking and having fun gun only, i would only carry a .45 myself i love the caliber, but yeah i want to get a xdm 9 for fun shoointg etc

jfrey123

imported post

775Sabot775 wrote:
Sounds good, I will have to go around OC this weekend and scope out wich places may be ideal, Such as Anchors Bar & Grill in Sparks Or if I can get a flyer ready in time we could cruise around the Sparks Marina and if questioned hand out flyers, all in all it's about the unity of our fellow OC'ers and defending OUR RIGHTS!!

I'd like to suggest staying away from Anchors. The new owners treated one of our forum guys on reno4x4 very poorly, and lots of folk suggested a boycott.

Also, worthy of note: the Marina Park is posted No Firearms. The one sign that mentions it is out near the end of the homes on the path, near the construction yard. Been up for as long as I can remember. Anyone know if it qualifies as a Park under one of those ridiculous Park carry laws? City property? Just a heads up.

I'd probably be down for a meet. :celebrate

775Sabot775

imported post

Yeesh and I've been around that park mano 'o times, never saw the sign. Anyway I was just throwing out a suggestion, and if Anchor's was rude, Than negative on that place. :celebrate

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Also, worthy of note:  the Marina Park is posted No Firearms.  The one sign that mentions it is out near the end of the homes on the path, near the construction yard.  Been up for as long as I can remember.  Anyone know if it qualifies as a Park under one of those ridiculous Park carry laws?  City property?  Just a heads up.

I don't think the Sparks Marina has the authority to ban guns under state preemption laws. The city of Sparks surely cannot create such regulations. Unless if you believe the Attorney General that is.

Government buildings at any level of government could be marked with the 202.3673 warning making concealed carry illegal inside of them, but I don't think it applies to open carry.

"State Parks" (The state's version of a national park,) have more stringent gun rules, but this does not apply to general parks, only parks under the Division of State Parks.

NRS 408.275 allows the Department of Transportation to make "appropriate" regulations governing the use of "roadside parks and safety rest areas". The law also states that all regulations created by the department governing the parks are subject to a $100 fine for the first offense. State law provides that nobody may "Sell, exhibit or offer for sale any goods, wares, products, merchandise or services; or" such a location. The regulation created by the DOT says one may not "exhibit or use a firearm or other weapon." Carrying a firearm I would not think is equivalent to exhibiting or using a firearm, but there is no definition given of what it means to "exhibit a firearm."

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-408.html#NRS408Sec433

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-408.html#NAC408Sec615

delta246

imported post

hey jfrey i didnt know u were on these forums too? hmm i guess its a small world, yeah were tryin to get a lil event going on, im down for where ever really, maybie in the future we can get a meet up and shoot bbq day sumwhere, like derby dam etc

delta246

imported post

i thought u have to be 21 to legally own and carry a handgun in NV? im going shooting friday with a friend, and then saturday looks like ill be in dayton and again tonight shooting

775Sabot775

imported post

LOL nah M8 you need to be 18 and over to legally own a handgun, to conceal you can get your CCW a few months before you turn 21 because it takes so long to process the actual permit and send it in the mail. Open carry is allowed by law abiding citizens 18+ stick around kid you'll learn something lol jk. :celebrate

775Sabot775

imported post

The only law that touches on age related situations is Federal law. Which is: It is not lawful for a FFL Licensed dealer IE: Local gun store to sell handguns to any persons under the age of 21.