• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I-95

rmodel65

imported post

yeah after the incident, the GCPD harassed my brother at walmart, got him fired from his new job and arrested him for carrying at the mall :p

richarcm

imported post

kle wrote:
crazydude6030 wrote:
I did search and I have ready about 50 post about it. But its still not very clear to me what that is.

See I am thinking sure i can velcro that to the dashboard (as one person joked in a post) but wouldn't that give a police officer a reason to drag me out of the car? I am thinking that having a gun in plain sight loaded and being able to easly reach it is just asking for it.
Wouldn't that be the point of carrying a gun in the first place--that it's loaded and easy to reach?

I kinda like the idea of attaching a holster to your seatbelt or mounting it between the center console and your seat...
I was just thinking the other day how that would be a GREAT invention. It could be accomplished as easily as creating an adapter to a paddle holster. The only problem I found was I couldn't think of where would be a universally great place to mount it....

DonSmithnotTMD

imported post

Thanks for the info folks. I meant that I have to travel the length of it in VA. The only stops I should be dealing with are the 1st rest area. My gas stop. and the Dumfries rest area so I can clear and store my 1911 before I get to MD.

The bit about a velcro holster on the dash is actually a recommendation in NC. There are several benefits, although I haven't done it. Mainly, there's no doubt the gun is in plain sight, there's no chance of it slipping under the seat or getting covered by other stuff. I tend to collect junk on my passenger seat when travelling, but so far there's been no problem that I have noticed.

I haven't lived in GA in a few years, but I understand that things are different in Glynn County. I mean I've heard of guys getting hit in one of their fire academies. I can only imagine what they do in the police academy.

byrdj

imported post

Any advice on driving from Hampton to Athens, GA? I'll be transporting an AR and ammunition, can anyone foresee any problems?

rmodel65

imported post

just be careful in athens if your gonna carry a gun with you. its a college town and a lot of buildings can be off limits.

byrdj

imported post

I'm not even going to vaguely carry in Athens, too much of a headache. I don't want a campus cop giving me extra ventilation.

DonSmithnotTMD

imported post

Just wanted to check back in. Everything went well.

The guy cleaning up at the rest area thought I was a cop. There was a strange, hinky guy working at the Pilot off exit 104 who I think wanted to ask about the gun but didn't. Somebody in VA should do a pamphlet like we have in PA (attached). Of course when I stopped at Dumfries, I realized I was wearing black BDU pants, so that might have had something to do with some of this too.

Thanks for all the help.

Darylvb

imported post

DonSmithnotTMD wrote:
Just wanted to check back in. Everything went well.

The guy cleaning up at the rest area thought I was a cop. There was a strange, hinky guy working at the Pilot off exit 104 who I think wanted to ask about the gun but didn't. Somebody in VA should do a pamphlet like we have in PA (attached). Of course when I stopped at Dumfries, I realized I was wearing black BDU pants, so that might have had something to do with some of this too.

Thanks for all the help.
We do have a pamphlet.