• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio

Lthrnck

imported post

We are going to try again to get this group going.

I tried a little over a year ago and the response was less then productive.

I think with this new threat we need to get out there and educate the public on our rights.

So OPEN CARRY OHIO will meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm.

February 12th

March 12th

April 9th

May 14th

June 11th

SO ON AND SO FORTH...

We will currently start meeting at the Hasty Tasty Pancake House on Linden Ave. in Dayton, Ohio, and yes you can OC there.

Hopefully if things grow we will look for a bigger place, but for now we will start there.

Now I know some of you will not be able to make it on those dates, but we are going to set it for Thursdays and stick with it.

This is important and we hope you feel the same way and are able to adjust your schedules to make these meetings.

This is not going to be just a meet and greet, we have plans to go out and educate the people. We Want to get people involved in going to festivals, county and state fairs etc. to get the word out.

OCO wants to get to the fence sitters and not just go to gun related functions, but we need people willing to step up and GIT'R DONE... So come out and lets get this ball rolling.

Brian D.

imported post

Rats you're going to ruin my almost-perfect attendance record from the past OCO meetups Lthrnck, I gotta work tomorrow!

But you'll likely see me in the future.

Lthrnck

imported post

There were 3 of us again.

We talked about what we hoped to accomplish and assigned action items to each member.

This core group of 3 are going to meet again in 2 weeks , February 26th, at the Hasty Tasty again.

We will be meeting at 5:00pm this time. If anyone wants to come please feel free. If you can't make it at 5 come when you can. I think we will be 2 to 3 hours.

This meeting is a working meeting, but we will eat there.

Also this is by no means cancels any of the 2nd Thursday of the month meetings.

Big Homer

imported post

OC in Dayton? I want to know more. I live in Belmont, and pass the Hastey Tastey on my way to work. How long to your meetings take?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Good luck with the meetings, and I've mentioned the meetings to several friends who are just getting started with Open carry. I wish I could go myself, but now that I've moved to VA, it's a little too far to drive.

kwmayo

imported post

I just moved here from VA, want to trade?

Anywho, I'll put it on my calendar for next month. It really all depends on how school is going.

eacurtis

imported post

I live 30 miles east of Columbus, so it would be tough for me to make meetings in the Dayton area on a regular basis. But, please keep me (as well as everyone else) posted. I'll be more than glad to help out with planning, logistics, or any other way I can.

I'll see what I can do to make one of the upcoming meetings regardless.

CCW_with_M1911

imported post

hey, I live in Lebanon.....care if I join you on the 26th....?

where is Linden Ave at exactly...?

care to gimme directions from 75 North....?

Lthrnck

imported post

Sure CCW-1911, anyone is welcome.

Take 75 to the 35 East. Travel about 3-4 miles east on 35 to the Smithville Rd. exit.

Linden Ave runs parallel with 35 so go south to Linden then back to theEast on Linden.

Hasty Tasty is about a half mile down on the left hand side.

You could also google map, Hasty Tasty Pancake House.

IxionDeece

imported post

Well I just found out about this website about 10 min ago and I just joined about 2 min ago, I live in Piqua and Dayton is only an hour away count me in on the 26th and everyone forward of that, I am gonna try and bring a friend with me.

IxionDeece

imported post

Well at least the word is getting out about it, I am personally amped aboutgoing to my first meeting.Hopefully we can keep it growing to where we can expand even more,but only time will tell.The more...welll the better