• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio

RebelHell

imported post

Hey guys, long time forum lurker first time posting. I have been reading about some of your experiances and decided to try my hand at open carry for the first time at the Tax day Tea Party in Cincinnati. Had a bit of a run in with the leo's but nothing serious. I would be interested in joining you for meetings if you are still having them. I would like some information an when and where if possible, it would appear that it has changed some throughout the post.

IxionDeece

imported post

Our next meeting is on the 23rd at 6pm at the funeral home address. You can mapquest it, it is easy to get to. Just look at earlier parts of this thread to find the address. Hope it helps and hopefully we will see you there.

Brian D.

imported post

I forgot to mention how well the lastmeetup at the Pancake House went. No negative interaction with the other patrons or staff, and no(out of line) policeshowed up to spoil our din-din.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

RebelHell wrote:
...Had a bit of a run in with the leo's but nothing serious...
Please share your experience - maybe start a new subject.

I had my own "interaction", though I was CCing. I hope to be able to post about it early this week.

GOT9MM1

imported post

Hello All! I have been reading these posts for a few months now, I guess that is called "lurking". Decided to go ahead and let you all know I am here and I support what you all are doing here. I have just started OC'ing in my neighborhood during the early evening hours while walking my Doberman. Not many people seem to notice, if they do, no one has said anything. And no incidents with LEOS. But I am not exactly attempting to draw any attention to myself of course. I would like to attend a meeting sometime, but I have a long- over two hour daily commute for work, and do not normally get home until 6:30-7pm, plus I have two active youngsters and a tired wife by then. I am also going to look into getting my CCW so that I may carry in my car. How many of you OC while having your CCW license?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

GOT9MM1 wrote:
Hello All! I have been reading these posts for a few months now, I guess that is called "lurking"...
Welcome!

As for OCing, you're right - most people don't notice it.

A suggestion - if you're going to OC, get yourself an audio recorder and use it. Here's a good reason:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29271&start=0

Also, you may want to check out Buckeye Firearms. They also have a forum, though not as active.

http://buckeyefirearms.org/

As toyour question - having a CHL does not preclude one from OCing, and I think youwill find that mostpeople who OC do have a CC license.

RebelHell

imported post

Well I tried to make it. Apparently my luck with mapquest isn't so great, I got lost somewhere around that construction area on 75.:cuss:Will try to make the next one though.

IxionDeece

imported post

Well if you are on southbound 75 get off on the main st exit, the ramp is pretty long. Then at the light take a right hand turn, go for a few blocks then it is on the left, just past a store that is on the right....if my memory is right.

brandon_k08

imported post

Why don't the people who are organizing post a phone number, so that people like RebelHell (who took off work to show up) have someone to call for directions.

xD.45Service

imported post

Booya, my new work schedule sucks but now I will be able to choose what day I want to have off through the week! :celebrate

When and where is the next meeting?! I'm definately gonna be there.

xD.45Service

imported post

Lol my bad, but seriously when and where is the next meeting?

And i dont know what to wear?!

Springfield xDm 9mm bitone

Springfield xD .45 Service

Magnum Research Baby eagleII .45

Walther P22

EAA Windicator .357 mag

Ruger LCP .380

Hi-Point .380

Hi-Point 9mm

Taurus 24/7 Compact 9mm

FIE Guardian .25

IxionDeece

imported post

The next meeting is at the hasty tasty if I am not mistaken. It will be this coming thursday on the 7th at 6pm. Unless Lthrnck is wanting to have another business meeting.