• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Danladi

FiringBack

imported post

We Really need to have a celebration dinner with/for Danladi!!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree with Freemason Abbey as well. Last time we were there, the waitress (on seeing that we were all carrying) asked about what group we were with. When we mentioned OCDO, she said she was familiar with the site, and had been following the story"about that black man who had been put to so much trouble" by the police. Now that things have come full circle, I think it would be fitting to give them some more business and bring them up to date.

;)

I took my wife to dinner and open carried there a few months ago.

Also, we had about 30 VCDL members there the night of the first Norfolk City Council meeting, and the staff were very gracious. Lets support those who support us!

vtme_grad98

imported post

soloban wrote:
Wait until Dan collects another $10k from Norfolk then throw one hell of a BBQ
I can think of a far more constructive use for at least some of the money that Dan makes from the lawsuit that we all expect to see.

I'm picturing a TV ad when Fraim and Riddeck are up for re-election. Something with Dan in it saying "Are you tired of your taxes going up, while less and less seems to be getting done with those taxes? Are you tired of poorly maintained sidewalks and roads? Well, you have Fraim and Riddeck to thank for that. Instead of using your taxes to serve all of you, they are instead throwing it away to pay for lawsuits resulting from trampling my civil rights, over and over and over."

Or a more simple "Don't vote for Fraim and Riddeck. (this ad paid for by the money I received because they trampled on my civil rights)."

wylde007

imported post

darthmord wrote:
I'm up for eating at Freemason Abbey. Never been there but I've heard the food is good.
I used to go there frequently. We held my rehearsal dinner there back in '98. The food is quite good and the service used to be excellent.

Unless something has changed, it's a great restaurant.

On the other hand, what kind of statement might it make if we all congregated outside of Doumar's, OCing and munched out in the parking lot?

Not as exquisite fare, but the visibility would be unmistakable.