• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

JW 2000-12ga coach gun

shooter157

imported post

Irecently purchased a jw 2000 sxs 12ga. I took it shooting last weekend and once i fired both rounds, the action wouldnt break like it was suppose to. the lever would push to the side but the action wouldnt open. i finally got it open and saw that there was no ejector spring.

any thoughts on what to do about this? thanks guys.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Many coach guns do not have ejectors, only extractors that lift the rounds a little bit out of the chamber for manual extraction.

shooter157

imported post

yeah i cleaned it thoroughly. it doesnt stick like that with unspent shells in it either. it works just fine. but once you shoot them, the extractor doesnt lift them out at all.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Contact the factory and ask them what is up. I imagine they have some sort of repair or warranty policy. Most places will pay for shipping both ways on new guns.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Is that the Norinco JW 2000. If so it is made in China and I am not sure who does the USA service on these. I will see what I can find out.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Some well known manufactures of shotguns such as Ljutic have been having problems with some shells sticking in the chambers. The list of bedroom cures is extensive and few seem to work. There are a few things I look for. 1) Check the back of a fired shell to see if there are any drag marks from a sticking firing pin. This usually appears as a scratch from the primer to to the bottom of the shell. Also new shotguns may have internal parts coated with anti-corrosion jells. If so disassemble and clean. Removing the stock should bring the internal components into view. 2) Check the breach. If it is oversize or rough the shell may become lodged as it expands when it is fired. 3) I believe this is a hammer gun with extractors and no ejectors. So expect fired shells to be lifted not thrown out.

sirpuma

imported post

This sounds to me like tight chambers. A tight fitting swab with some polishing compound (800+ grit) and a drill should help polish up the chambers so that once fired the shells aren't sticking to the walls so hard.

Trigger Dr

imported post

I have a Browning O/U XS Special that was doing the same thing. A quick polish ( not Polish):Djob cleared it right up.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
And people criticize me as being a Neanderthal for carrying a six shooter!
LOL. Yah usually while they are carrying some sort of plastic frame wondernine:p

I always thought autoloaders were cute, and have a place in the world. Usually as a discrete carry in the pocket or in the case of my poor kel-tec P32, underneath my boat.