• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Police Chief to leave and go back where he came from?

amlevin

imported post

The Story is here:http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_021009WABTIMES-kerlikowske-obama-job-TP.29bbec2.html

"According to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, an administrator in the Seattle Police Department said Tuesday that Kerlikowske announced that he would be appointed as director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, a cabinet-level post often referenced as the White House "drug czar."

Wonder how he will handle the "missing gun issue" when he turns in all his gear as he leaves. Maybe the city should not only charge him for the value of the Glock but the value of the manhours that went into the investigation, etc. Oh well, at least the Cabinet position won't require him to even have a gun, much less keep it secure while out eating dinner.

BTW, the City of Seattle no doubt had exemplars of his bullets (as fired from his gun) on file. Have any cases come about where bullets could be traced back to his "stolen" gun? I was just wondering.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

amlevin wrote:
The Story is here:http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_021009WABTIMES-kerlikowske-obama-job-TP.29bbec2.html

"According to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, an administrator in the Seattle Police Department said Tuesday that Kerlikowske announced that he would be appointed as director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, a cabinet-level post often referenced as the White House "drug czar."

Wonder how he will handle the "missing gun issue" when he turns in all his gear as he leaves. Oh well, at least the Cabinet position won't require him to even have a gun, much less keep it secure while out eating dinner.
I guess he's been a good Comrade to be able to get such a job.