• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BB gun adventures

Vulcan

imported post

My son and I went down to the river (Puyallup) last summer to shoot his new BB/pellet gun. We took a cardboard box and drew a target on it. There is a road running along side the river on top of the levy. There is a lower dirt road right next to the river with several ramps that lead down from the top of the levy. We picked a spot where it was pretty wide with trees and some bushes, parked the truck and set up a target next to the river. we were shooting the box while sitting on the tailgate of the truck, BB's and pellets in the bed of the truck and a couple soft drinks. We had been shooting for about 30 minutes, sighting in the scope. I handed the pellet gun to my son and happened to glance up towards the road and to my surprise, there are about 5 police cars up on top of the levy with their lights on, a 4x4 police rig down the ramp and several officers on foot walking towards us. Well what a surprise. Seems some people driving down the levy road saw us and called 911. We told them what we were doing, they got a chuckle out of the whole deal and told us we should probably go somewhere else because if they left, they would get more calls and would have to respond. It was quite an experience for my son though. He was 14 at the time BTW.

compmanio365

imported post

Heh, I drive down there on River Rd all the time, but I didn't think there was any area around there that would be safe for shooting anything. Unless I'm thinking of a different area. I see people fishing down there all the time in the spring/summer though. I generally drive all the way out 405 to the hills to go shooting.

David.Car

imported post

When I was younger, and much more into paintballing, we had the police called on us numerous times.One time the call was reported as"kids in the woods shooting each other with .22s".

On 3 seperate police arrivals (all in different locations) they all said carry on, or can you move just over there (normally about 2 blocks).

kparker

imported post

I assume you are all aware that airguns are not firearms under state law, and thus there is no state preemption regarding them; and also that many cities do prohibit any discharge of airguns.

Cougar125

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
FRC-NW and NOPF on Whidbey? If so, you may remember me as one of the old NMCI reps... The Horror!!!
Yeah...only time I call the NCMI is if I need my email name updated or have a problem with outlook. I wasn't here when NMCI came on...I was in San Diego and one of the people that had a major part of getting NMCI going (Capt. Bry) was one of my boy scout's dad. He told me all about it...then he got to listen to me bitch about it.