• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

firearms refresher course

CHEYENNE

imported post

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Great posting topic, all very true and important, I wish anti-gun owners could accept this, unfortuantly we have way to many ignorant people in this country and several other countries who will every get this commonsense logic, Thax for the post.

FMCDH

imported post

Truth is Truth. :)

A long one but a good one...

26. If more people die from car accidents than negligent AND intentional firearms discharge every year, and removing guns from the hands of law abiding citizens is such a logical step to save more lives, wouldn't reducing the speed limit to 5mph everywhere or taking cars away all together save even more lives and be even more logical?

Stats: http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10_sy.html (based on 2005)
Cars: [size="-1"]125 death every day in the US (all causes, all people, about 40% are alcohol related)
Guns: 85 deaths every day in the US (all causes, all people, about 3% are negligence related)

[/size]

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:

26. If more people die from car accidents than negligent AND intentional firearms discharge every year, and removing guns from the hands of law abiding citizens is such a logical step to save more lives, wouldn't reducing the speed limit to 5mph everywhere or taking cars away all together save even more lives and be even more logical?

Cars: [size=-1]125 death every day in the US (all causes, all people, about 40% are alcohol related)
Guns: 85 deaths every day in the US (all causes, all people, about 3% are negligence related)

[/size]
This has to be one of the best logical answers/come backs against those damn hippy anti gun grabbin sh*tbags

BlueStreek

imported post

FMCDH wrote:

Cars: [size="-1"]125 death every day in the US (all causes, all people, about 40% are alcohol related)

[/size]
Thank you very much for the link. That is a great site to analyze the data from. I think we need to take a closer look at the numbers. Just looking at the 2005 data as presented for firearm deaths this is what I see:

Suicide - 17,002
Murder - 12,352

Unintentional - 789
Self-defense - 330
Undetermined - 221

Total - 30,694

The only numbers that would be affected by any form of a gun ban would be the 789 unintentional, 330 self defense and a portion of the 221 undetermined. That's a total, at most, of 1,340. Given that there are more than 20,000 gun laws in this country that makes about 15 laws per death they are purportedly trying to prevent. I'm sorry to say this but that is absolutely absurd.

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm sorry to say this but that is absolutely absurd.BlueStreek
What Bluestreak is absolutely absurd, excuse me if I'm confused, but there is no justifying grounds for gun bans nor laws, if thats what your trying to come up with a conclusion. Look at the U.K. area of opencarry and see for yourself what gun laws and bans really do to law abiding citizens. It will ruin us if we come up with any more Astrix in our guns laws against the second amendment, thats what I call absurd. In the UK alone since the gun ban there six years ago, gun crimes,deaths, and violence has went up in that country, so these liberal hippy anti-gun "F" heads need to wake up before its to late.

FMCDH

imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
What Bluestreak is absolutely absurd, excuse me if I'm confused, but there is no justifying grounds for gun bans nor laws, if thats what your trying to come up with a conclusion.
Just to play arbiter, but I think you guys are both against the same "absurdity" in the ineffectiveness of gun laws. More laws do not make a safer world is what I believe Bluestreak was getting at, as he was pointing out how many there already are.

Correct me if I am wrong Blue...

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Mr.Advocate wrote:
What Bluestreak is absolutely absurd, excuse me if I'm confused, but there is no justifying grounds for gun bans nor laws, if thats what your trying to come up with a conclusion.
Just to play arbiter, but I think you guys are both against the same "absurdity" in the ineffectiveness of gun laws. More laws do not make a safer world is what I believe Bluestreak was getting at, as he was pointing out how many there already are.

Correct me if I am wrong Blue...
OK then, I misunderstood Blue..., sometimes I take things out of context cause I might not exactly understand what someone is saying unless its used with simpler context, definitions and words. To better put it, don't beat around the bush with what your exactly sayin, cause I might not understand it, but I do now, thinks for the info FMCDH

BlueStreek

imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
What Bluestreak is absolutely absurd, excuse me if I'm confused, but there is no justifying grounds for gun bans nor laws, if thats what your trying to come up with a conclusion. Look at the U.K. area of opencarry and see for yourself what gun laws and bans really do to law abiding citizens. It will ruin us if we come up with any more Astrix in our guns laws against the second amendment, thats what I call absurd. In the UK alone since the gun ban there six years ago, gun crimes,deaths, and violence has went up in that country, so these liberal hippy anti-gun "F" heads need to wake up before its to late.
No hard feeling meant. I was not clear enough with my post. That's what happens after I've been up for too long. I do believe we are on the same side as I was referring to the gun laws that shouldn't exist to begin with. I was trying to show that the anti-gun people use these statistics of 30,000+ deaths a year as there reason. "Think of the children." And they lead people to believe that's 30,000+ kids dying from gun accidents by playing with unsecured guns. The reality is that it isn't that many and most of those deaths, some 95.6% of them, would not be prevented.

As the anti's love to banter about "...for the children..." they should be told that the figure for children is only 173 per that data provided above. And I truly believe most of those are cause by parents trying to hide that they have guns because of the negative stigma that today's society has attached to it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ken

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BlueStreek wrote:
Mr.Advocate wrote:
No hard feeling meant. I was not clear enough with my post. That's what happens after I've been up for too long. I do believe we are on the same side as I was referring to the gun laws that shouldn't exist to begin with. I was trying to show that the anti-gun people use these statistics of 30,000+ deaths a year as there reason. "Think of the children." And they lead people to believe that's 30,000+ kids dying from gun accidents by playing with unsecured guns. The reality is that it isn't that many and most of those deaths, some 95.6% of them, would not be prevented.

As the anti's love to banter about "...for the children..." they should be told that the figure for children is only 173 per that data provided above. And I truly believe most of those are cause by parents trying to hide that they have guns because of the negative stigma that today's society has attached to it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ken

Oh yeah, we are definitly on the same sheet on this issue all the way, I understand and competely agree with what your saying. BTW I also have a problem with going to sleep to, so I'm constantly always on OC.org and email and youtube, Thanks again, Ken

FMCDH

imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:
Oh yeah, we are definitly on the same sheet on this issue all the way, I understand and competely agree with what your saying. BTW I also have a problem with going to sleep to, so I'm constantly always on OC.org and email and youtube, Thanks again, Ken
Ok guys, get a room! ;)

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Mr.Advocate wrote:
Ok guys, get a room! ;)
Oh come on FMCDH give me a break, you know your really asking to come along,lol, :what:JK, well anyways, I think I'm done with this post for now , moving on, I'll check this room again later for new stuff.

Huck

imported post

Mr.Advocate wrote:

Those liberal hippy anti-gun "F" heads will never wake up. They are living proof of the saying in the bible; "There are none so blind as those whowill not see."

The proof's been right in front of the libtards for years and they still refuse to see anything but their halluciinations that if all guns were banned everyone would be lovy-dovy and sing kumbaya together.

III

Mr.Advocate

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Huck wrote:
Mr.Advocate wrote:

Those liberal hippy anti-gun "F" heads will never wake up. They are living proof of the saying in the bible; "There are none so blind as those whowill not see."

The proof's been right in front of the libtards for years and they still refuse to see anything but their halluciinations that if all guns were banned everyone would be lovy-dovy and sing kumbaya together.

III
Now thats funny Huck, thats pure funny love that picture