Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Link to Video here:
    http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu216_2

David Marino reports
    Incredible home invasion caught on camera
    Posted: Feb 10, 2009 02:17 AM
    Updated: Feb 10, 2009 08:19 PM
    A homeowner, alerted of an impending home invasion by his security cameras, arms himself and takes matters into his hands last Thursday when four armed suspects attempt to break into his home.

The video the owner caught is incredible, and you can see it by watching the video link to the left. You see a vehicle pull up, and four men run out. One of them is carrying what appears to be an AR-15 or M-16, a weapon which could be fully automatic.

The robbery happened last Thursday in broad daylight at a home on West Vande Loo Street. All the action was caught by the homeowners outdoor surveillance system.

"The victim was able to get back inside his house, close his door, semi barricade it, reach for [a] weapon that was easily accessible," says Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Earl Gieron.

The homeowner shot at the suspects. He even put a bullet through the windshield of the suspects car, which is also caught on camera. The four men retreated and took off. All of them remain on the run.

Sheriff's officials say the homeowner has surveillance cameras installed all around his house.

Dep. Gieron says, "That was just for his own security."

People living in the neighborhood heard all the gunshots, and saw the aftermath. Some stray bullets even hit a home across the street.

One man says, "I was asleep around noon Thursday, and heard gunshots."

Lawrence Cruz lives down the street from where the attempted home invasion happened.

"I am very watchful where we live and I think everybody has right to defend their property," says Cruz.

Detectives did find the suspect's vehicle at a home near Cardinal and Valencia, but the four men are still on the run.

One of the suspects has been identified as 23-year-old Jesus Mendivil. It's believed he was shot in the arm.

The three other men are all described as Hispanic males between 17 and 25-years-old.

Anyone with information is asked to call 88-CRIME

Centurion

Post imported post

longwatch wrote: And let the home owner sue these felons and collect damages for the emotional distress these dirtbags have caused him in addtion to any/all repairs to the surrounding properties and attorney fees/court costs X3.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

...must have been a low-capacity firearm...otherwise, why would he cease firing??? Bet his coffee tastes good this morning!!!

Post imported post

And who says we don't need carbines with high-cap magazines ? One of them had an AR-15 !

He should have just retreated and called the COPS right ?

Good for him, and I too bet his Coffee tasteoutstanding,this morning.

Successful Defensive Story !

Now if You all don't mind, I'm going to finish hanging myAutomated Gun Turrents on the corners of my house.:celebrate

Post imported post

i wonder what was so special about his house?

either way he got really lucky. just goes to show you how ***** criminals really are, 4 vs 1 all armed (one with an AR) and they retreat because the guy pulls a pistol (im assuming) they could of easily taken him out

Post imported post

Obviously he OC's, and made himself a target.

I am sure the irish coffee would be good after that incident.
    But don't forget to add the loss of your bullets to the civil suite.
    Was a nice shot group on the windshield though.

Also time to get law changed to allow armor penetrating bullets
    for home defense, as this shows the need to get at the bad guy better.

Lets hope he gets to keep those wheel rims for his troubles.

+1 for the dummy not covering his face :celebrate

Post imported post

Arizona home owners are some of the best prepared I've seen/heard of.:celebrate
    I don't know how anyone here thinks they can just barge into people's homes, I'd say about 75% of the homes are armed.

Post imported post

This is one of those situations where the phrase, "My pistol is there to get me back to my rifle," sounds about right. I also think, from watching the video, that none of the weapons carried by the invaders were loaded. Not one shot was fired back at the homeowner. Still, I sure wouldn't wait to find out. Good going on the homeowner, and too bad they were able to get away to stand trial later.

Post imported post

Dustin wrote:
    And who says we don't need carbines with high-cap magazines ? One of them had an AR-15 !
    True in my opinion, but the Government would just lead you to believe that if you outlaw that kind of firearm they wouldn't have had access to it and more than likely wouldn't have committed the crime. You know how our idiotic political officials feel about this kind of stuff, the gun is what gives you the courage to commit the crime, if you didn't have the gun you wouldn't commit the crime!

I wonder if the homeowner could keep the car since the BG's abandoned it?! All it needs is a windshield replacement and it's good to go. I love those kinds of cars!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion, but rather default to your level of training.

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Post imported post

Asset forfeiture only counts when it's the police that want some new stuff. Although he might be able to get it cheap at a police auction (assuming the dept. still has them, and that the car wasn't stolen).

Post imported post

usdm419 wrote:
    Arizona home owners are some of the best prepared I've seen/heard of.:celebrate
    I don't know how anyone here thinks they can just barge into people's homes, I'd say about 75% of the homes are armed.
    This one is!

Post imported post

You want to bet that the perps areall illegals?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Nope... My whole family said that before I could comment. This is a gang thing. Dunno why the homeowner was targeted... but doubtful it was random.

Post imported post

Aren't a very large percentage of Hispanic gang members illegal?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

They clearly cased this guy. Watch how fast they move on the house and how they covered up their faces. They knew damn well someone would be watching. Big props to the homeowner!!!!

Post imported post

...in Tx, all gang members are illegal... ...seriously, when you have no vested interest in a society...seems like anything goes....head 'em up, move 'em out!!!

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Aren't a very large percentage of Hispanic gang members illegal?
    Yeah, they are! 'Seems most of that kind'a thing in these parts is anyway. MS 13 comes to mind.

Post imported post

...for sure...!!!

Post imported post

I agree that this was not random. The owner knew they were coming for him. And I'm suspect of a guy with surveillance and people like this casing him. Possible drug dealer?

Post imported post

Or just the bad luck to have same house number as the drug dealer two blocks over.

The only thing that jumped out at me was he sees them on the security system,
    and runs inside.
    Where does he keep the monitors? Mine are already in the house, the cameras
    are outside, but seems strange to need to go outside to check what they are showing.

Only thing that make sense is if he ties them to an iPhone screen or something so he
    can see them wirelessly.

Just wish the reports on the first guy nabbed would have reported on the skid marks
    made by the cowards.

Post imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
    longwatch wrote: And let the home owner sue these felons and collect damages for the emotional distress these dirtbags have caused him in addtion to any/all repairs to the surrounding properties and attorney fees/court costs X3.
    Probably illegals. They would probably get off and be deported back to Mexico in which case they will end up back there soon or in my state.... :?

Post imported post

We NEED a freakin' FENCE! (and a minefield)

Post imported post

It really doesn't matter why the BGs went to the house. Could be they were getting back at him for being on their "turf". The fact remains, he held his ground, possibly shot one in the arm, and ruined their "tough guy" day.
    Somehow I seriously doubt he was a drug dealer, since he went to the police with the story and also to the news. Most drug dealers I have encountered would rather lay low. (don't even go there, I'm not one of "them").
    Big kudos to the Tucson news, they didn't put a liberal spin on this and claim the man would have been left alone if it weren't for his guns, nor did they make a big deal out of the collateral damage to the neighbor's house (which I'm sure he's getting handled right now).
    All in all, a good day for the right to bear arms.
    When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Nice...

Cool to see it on video

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Post imported post

Good video... I can't help but wonder why no one is jumping on his case for firing at fleeing suspects, though. <_<
    Advocate freedom please

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast