• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Incredible home invasion caught on camera

Nitrox314

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
longwatch wrote:
And let the home owner sue these felons and collect damages for the emotional distress these dirtbags have caused him in addtion to any/all repairs to the surrounding properties and attorney fees/court costs X3.
Probably illegals. They would probably get off and be deported back to Mexico in which case they will end up back there soon or in my state.... :?

bugly

imported post

It really doesn't matter why the BGs went to the house. Could be they were getting back at him for being on their "turf". The fact remains, he held his ground, possibly shot one in the arm, and ruined their "tough guy" day.
Somehow I seriously doubt he was a drug dealer, since he went to the police with the story and also to the news. Most drug dealers I have encountered would rather lay low. (don't even go there, I'm not one of "them").
Big kudos to the Tucson news, they didn't put a liberal spin on this and claim the man would have been left alone if it weren't for his guns, nor did they make a big deal out of the collateral damage to the neighbor's house (which I'm sure he's getting handled right now).
All in all, a good day for the right to bear arms.

stealthyeliminator

imported post

Good video... I can't help but wonder why no one is jumping on his case for firing at fleeing suspects, though. <_<

nobucks

imported post

stealthyeliminator wrote:
Good video... I can't help but wonder why no one is jumping on his case for firing at fleeing suspects, though. <_<
I'll respond because I was one of the ones who gave you crap before about shooting at fleeing burglars. As long as he still perceived a threat to his life, he would be justified in shooting.

Can't see everything that happens in the video. When the guys are running to the car, it looks like a couple of them are returning fire. He's justified to keep firing until the threat goes away. If the BG is running away, but keeps stopping to turn around and shoot at me, or, if he's behind the wheel and could potentially run me down in my driveway, I'd say he's fair game.

BTW, the homeowner puts a nice grouping on the windshield.

My question is why does he run to the end of the driveway and look down the street? At least one guy had a rifle and could easily have fired accurately from down the block.

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

stealthyeliminator wrote:
Thing is, cops would have kept firing at them as they drove off. So why can't a homeowner? Those guys are a threat to society. Too bad they all made it out alive. But you're right, cuz in Texas, he'd probably be in front of a judge for continuing to fire when they ran. I hope he doesn't take any heat for it. He did the right thing.

compmanio365

imported post

confusedYJTJ wrote:
If you look at this "non-media edited version", the video does show the suspects returning fire as they were "fleeing"

http://videos.azstarnet.com/p/video?id=3095075
I know it shows at least one guy pointing his gun back at the homeowner as he is about to get back in the car, which is reason enough to open fire. Whether or not he was actually firing the gun is unclear.

Tomahawk

imported post

Gotta love the tight group on the windshield. The driver could very well have cashed in his chips at that moment, if not for the defender's weak choice of weaponry. I bet the cops could have tracked him by the smell from his pants.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Local media's been dead silent on 'what it was'. A kidnapping sounds very plausable. The homeowner didn't have to go'get his gun'... He alreadyhad it on him.

Tomahawk

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Local media's been dead silent on 'what it was'. A kidnapping sounds very plausable. The homeowner didn't have to go'get his gun'... He alreadyhad it on him.

Bingo! We have a winner. This illustrates why a pistol left inside your glove box or in your safe at home is useless.

This video also illustrates something else: The defender was completely outgunned by his attackers. They had what, 4 rifles? But they were quickly routed from the property, because they were not mentally prepared for a fight and the defender was. The defender had the courage to stand and dealt out a bloody nose at the drop of a hat, and he caught his better-armed attackers off guard. The attackers had the false courage of a bully, and believed firepower would make up for their lack of real guts.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

Bingo! We have a winner. This illustrates why a pistol left inside your glove box or in your safe at home is useless.

This video also illustrates something else: The defender was completely outgunned by his attackers. They had what, 4 rifles? But they were quickly routed from the property, because they were not mentally prepared for a fight and the defender was. The defender had the courage to stand and dealt out a bloody nose at the drop of a hat, and he caught his better-armed attackers off guard. The attackers had the false courage of a bully, and believed firepower would make up for their lack of real guts.
Tomahawk, I only counted one AR and 2 handguns (visible) in the video. Yes, he was still outnumbered and outgunned, but he succeeded in defending his home, none the less.