• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill Introduced to Decriminalize Open Carry of Handguns in Oklahoma!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

russcook wrote:
Everyone please contact your Representative and let him/her know you expect their support of this bill. Please point them to the Oklahoma petition at

http://www.petitiononline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

The petition is also linked from the front page of OpenCarry.org

Let's build the momentum!
Russ - what link to they use to verify their sen and rep and the point of contact data??

russcook

imported post

I have phoned the office of Representative Ritze (the author of the bill) to offer my thanks, encouragement, and support. I encourage everyone to do the same. Contact your personal Representative as well!

russcook

imported post

Response received already from Representative Mike Ritze' office to my phone call and email this morning ...

Mr. Cook,

Thank you very much for this...please contact Public Safety Committee Chair Rep. Sue Tibbs Tulsa who is refusing to hear my bill. Also, please contact the OK House and Senate to hear this bill! Our 2nd Amendment demands this for all of our citizens! God Bless You...Mike

Rep. Mike Ritze, D.O., M.F.S.A.
Oklahoma State Representative District 80
State Capitol Building Room #327
2300 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Office: (405) 557-7338 Fax: (405) 962-7673
800-522-8502 ext. 338
mike.ritze@okhouse.gov[/code]

russcook

imported post

I have a reply from Representative Eric Proctor in support of HB1414.

Contact your Representatives and Senators. Be polite and respectful, and let know you want their support of this Bill!

Ship

imported post

russcook wrote:
I have a reply from Representative Eric Proctor in support of HB1414.

Contact your Representatives and Senators. Be polite and respectful, and let know you want their support of this Bill!
I've spoken with my rep about this, but will do so again. Now, about this Tibbs.....

russcook

imported post

Two letters (email) to Representative Sue Tibbs' office, and no reply. I've asked her to explain what her concerns are with the bill, so I'd at least know why she was not moving it forward. No reply.

Keep the pressure on! Keep writing and calling. You can find contact info at http://www.ok.gov . Representative Sue Tibbs can be contacted at suetibbs@okhouse.gov , (405) 557-7379.