• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner for Dan at Freemason Abbey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I just contacted Dan. He is up (or down?) for a dinner at the Abbey this Friday at 7 PM.

Does anyone know if they take reservations? I can call, but will need an estimate of how many of you will be there.

wylde007

imported post

OC?

Oh, wait... we still have to, don't we!

Gotta see what the missus is up to (read: has planned for us that I have probably forgotten about) but I'd be up (down?) for joining in if I'm free.

Keep us posted?

darthmord

imported post

If I show up, it'll be with my eldest daughter and the baby. My wife & other two daughters will be at a Girl Scout function.

7pm Friday sounds doable as long as the packages I'm expecting Friday arrive by 6pm.

I'll need to talk with my wife about it so she's in the loop.

Oh, I will have to request this to be non-smoking seating. Cigarette smoke plays severe havok with my allergies (almost as allergic to cigarette smoke as I am cats).

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

For people outside of Norfolk you may need to be more specific about the location. I'm entertaining the idea, maybe Skidmark would let me ride shotgun with him.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I'm sure that the date is firmly set now so I won't be the one to suggest a change.

You do realize that Friday is Valentine's Day? There are those of us that have preplanned engagements that evening. Darn it, I haven't missed any function since these sagas began but must send my regrets this time.

Dan - you know where I stand and I continue to wish you the best.

Somebody PLEASE take pictures and post them for us all to see.

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.freemasonabbey.com/Directions/

Here's the link to their website, including directions. You can check our their menu as well. They cater to groups as large as 50, but require a refundable deposit of $100, which I will cover. I will call them tomorrow and get back to you all, but please let me know by mid-day tomorrow if you are likely to be there so I can give them a reasonable estimate. If for any reason Friday doesn't work out, we could try for sometime next week, but Dan won't know his work schedule for the week until Friday.

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm coming down to Williamsburg on saturday, for the weekend. I sure wish I could make it for this.

Congrats Dan!!! I knew you would prevail.......again. Now make em wish they had left you alone, if you know what I mean. ;)