• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner for Dan at Freemason Abbey

vtme_grad98

imported post

My girlfriend and I will be there, and it will be her first time open carrying. Sadly, she won't be carrying her gun, since she doesn't have a holster for it yet. So she'll be carrying one of my extras instead.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
DonTreadOnMe wrote:
Maybe for two seats.....trying today to talk a co-worker into switching with me.
We will make it...but we will be running a little late.
That works since we always take FOREVER and this should be a longer dinner. I do have to depart at 8 or 9 as I have a party that I am attending at CNU tomorrow night and I need to make my ride to the party so that I do not have to drive.;)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It looks as if we now have 20-21 people depending on the "maybes". I originally reserved accomodations for 15, but just called back to make it 21. The maitre d' said he could handle that, but probably no more, so we'll have to stop with this number. The seating will have to be at 7:15, not 7:00. They charge an automatic 18% gratuity for all parties over 12.

Dan said he and his lady will be there.

See you all this evening!:)

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
It looks as if we now have 20-21 people depending on the "maybes". I originally reserved accomodations for 15, but just called back to make it 21. The maitre d' said he could handle that, but probably no more, so we'll have to stop with this number. The seating will have to be at 7:15, not 7:00. They charge an automatic 18% gratuity for all parties over 12.

Sounds good see you all tonight at 715:celebrate

darthmord

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:

I strongly dislike automatic gratuity.

From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gratuity, Gratuity is defined as: A favor or gift, usually in the form of money, given in return for service.

'Automatic' smacks of mandatory. I don't really care for automatic billing of optional monies unless I feel I got the service I was paying for. If I have exceptional service (good or bad), I let the management know and fill out a comment card if available. I also follow the rule of 'Great service = Great tip'. Poor service gets a similar treatment but in the negative.

Every place I've been to that has had automatic gratuity hasgiven mesubstandard service. I certainly hope this restaurant is different.

wylde007

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Then tell him you would like two separate but proximate seatings for 11.

Bubba Ron

imported post

The good news: You will not receive substandard service at the Freemason Abbey.

The bad news: We will not be able to make it tonight ;-( Please give Dan our best!!!

Neplusultra

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I'll bring my SLR camera;)

Excellent!

Mr_Burns.png

wylde007

imported post

I met a lot of fine folks this evening and I must apologize, again as I always must, when I am unable to recall anyone's names when next we meet. I try and try the best I can, but seem to fail regularly to commit them to memory.

A good time was had by all. Also, apologies for the photo quality... or lack thereof. I was taking these with my new LG phone and haven't figgered the dang thing out yet. Too many buzzers and whistles.

366354690_1262678237_0.jpeg

366354514_1262677581_0.jpeg

366354163_1262676269_0.jpeg

Looking forward to future gatherings!