• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Island County Transit

samaloney2006

imported post

This letter to Island County Transit is mostly for you folks in Island County. This is something I stumbled onto while looking up a schedule for a friend. Read the letter and give me feed back before I send it off. I am the guy from Hawaii, however my permanent home of record is Oak Harbor, WA.

Dear Sirs:

On your bus schedule, you quote, under:

DID YOU KNOW.

It's the law RCW 9.91.025:

It is against the law while on the bus or designated stop to:

*Disturb others with loud/unruly behavior

*Carry flammable liquids, weapons, explosive's or harmful materials

* Spit or litter

According to your website, undwer "frequently asked questions";

Unlawful Bus Conduct Law, Washington State Law RCW 9.91.025. You leave out the word "weapons". In both these instances you misquote RCW 9.91.025. Under RCW 9.91.025, Unlawful Bus Conduct, I quote Article (1), Section (e) "Carrying any flammable liquids, acid, or other material likely to cause harm to others "except that nothing here in prevents a person rom carrying a cigarette, cigar, or pipe lighter or carrying a firearm or ammuntion in a way that is not otherwise prohibited by law".

If you go into RCW 9.41.290 State Preemption, you will see thatWashington State preempts all codes concerning firearms in all charter or home rule status of such city, town, county or municipality. Also in RCW 9.41.290, RCW 9.41.300 is referenced. RCW 9.41.300 - Weapons Prohibited in Certain Places - Local Laws and Ordinances- Exceptions - Penalty. Nowhere in this law is public transporation mentioned, meaning , if it is not stated in the law then it is legal to do so (carrying of a firearm and ammunition on public ransportation).:celebrate

sempercarry

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
samaloney2006 wrote:
"Carry flammable liquids, weapons, explosive's or harmful materials"
I don't OC Flamable weapons... LOL
Thats to bad....a flame thrower is an excellant weapon with which to protect yourself and those around you with.....thats why I carry one.:dude:

samaloney2006

imported post

:DSorry guys but the typing and spelling is laid out exactly like the bus schedule shows it. Maybe I should have said something about that. I wanted the jist of the letter to look exactly like their schedule. You can read it a lot of ways just as a couple of other guys did. I think you see my point/s though. The only hing I did not do was to use the same colors as they did.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I got kicked off an Island Transit bus about 10 years ago for carrying two cased longarms.

After hearing the usual inaccurate ramblings about "federal" laws that didn't exist, etc... from the operators, I spent a couple of weeks back and forth with their admin. They managed to make up some crap that didn't exist and danced around the issue. I was leaving town soon, so I just let it go. So the morons are still at it eh? LOL

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Well, since we are doing our OC get together this Sunday at a Wal Mart Subway in Oak Harbor... maybe we all need to ride the bus to get there!

WTH are we thinking, we must be nuts in Oak Harbor!
If you ride the bus OCing, I would be REAL curious as to the reaction. Keep in mind (as evidenced by my misadventures with Community Transit, the law IS on YOUR SIDE)

3/325

imported post

According to your website, undwer [under] "frequently asked questions";

Unlawful Bus Conduct Law, Washington State Law RCW 9.91.025. You leave
out the word "weapons". In both these instances you misquote RCW 9.91.025. Under RCW 9.91.025, Unlawful Bus Conduct, I quote Article (1), Section (e) "Carrying any flammable liquids, acid, or other material likely to cause harm to others "except that nothing here in prevents a person rom carrying a cigarette, cigar, or pipe lighter or carrying a firearm or ammuntion in a way that is not otherwise prohibited by law". [need an even number of quote marks]

If you go into [review, research, read, refer to] RCW 9.41.290 State Preemption, you will see thatWashington State preempts all codes concerning firearms in all charter or home rule status of such city, town, county or municipality. Also in RCW 9.41.290, RCW 9.41.300 is referenced. RCW 9.41.300 - Weapons Prohibited in Certain Places - Local Laws and Ordinances- Exceptions - Penalty. Nowhere in this law is public transporation mentioned, meaning [no comma needed] if it is not stated in the law then it is legal to do so (carrying of a firearm and ammunition on public [t]ransportation).

-----------------------------------------------

I try not to do the grammar nazi thing unless someone asks.​

samaloney2006

imported post

thanks for corrections. I just looked at my copy I burned off and "under" is spelled correctly and the "T" is in transportation. How do you suppose that happened?