• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking at thed 45

Dustin

imported post

We'll when it comes to Hammers/.45 ACP and only $500 to spend your options will be slim, but not out.

Springfield Armory G.I. 1911

$500 to $600

SA1911R.jpg

TAURUS 1911 45 ACP 5" 8 ROUND

$500 to $600

TI191101_1.jpg

SIG P226

$500 to $600

pix1106194843.jpg

When you get closer to what your looking for, let me know if you need help shopping for deals. Online is the way to go, and cheapest.

kibbles1n0bits

imported post

Dustin wrote:
We'll when it comes to Hammers/.45 ACP and only $500 to spend your options will be slim, but not out.

Springfield Armory G.I. 1911

$500 to $600

SA1911R.jpg

TAURUS 1911 45 ACP 5" 8 ROUND

$500 to $600

TI191101_1.jpg

SIG P226

$500 to $600

pix1106194843.jpg

When you get closer to what your looking for, let me know if you need help shopping for deals. Online is the way to go, and cheapest.
if you have any suggestions on the online places that would be great... i have a ffl willing to do the transfer... i would like to stay around 500 but might be able to pull off 6

compmanio365

imported post

curtiswr wrote:
kibbles1n0bits wrote:
i have looked at 1911s but am having a hard time finding ones in my price range... any suggestions?
Have you looked at Rock Island Armory?
I second that. Not sure anymore, but the last time I looked, the GI model was 350-450 depending on where you were at. And RIA makes some good pistols for being inexpensive.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Beware of the forum commandos that just read forums and don't really have any real world experience.

Are you going to shoot the heck out of the pistol? I think any single stack GI type 1911 would be fine. Even if you buy one used any gunsmith can help you maintain the pistol. I prefer steel in a .45, but you can't argue with the durability of the polymer frame manufacturers.

Do yourself a favor friend, get a 1911.

www.gunbroker.com

sheepdog

imported post

...sounded like a temporary attack of anality....a good used Ruger with a hammer, either safety model or decocker model...could be had for 300-350---leaving $$ for a coupla extra clips....I've bought 4 in the last year for under 350...

bugly

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
curtiswr wrote:
kibbles1n0bits wrote:
i have looked at 1911s but am having a hard time finding ones in my price range... any suggestions?
Have you looked at Rock Island Armory?
I second that. Not sure anymore, but the last time I looked, the GI model was 350-450 depending on where you were at. And RIA makes some good pistols for being inexpensive.
Agreed, my daily carry piece is one of these in a single-stack, military hammer style. Absolutely reliable (if I didn't trust it with my life, I wouldn't carry it...)
Paid about $340.00 originally, made a few mods to make it even more accurate, not spending a whole lot.
Good solid foundation for a 1911 starter, I've put several thousand rounds through it and there is very little wear apparent anywhere. (except the finish, which gets trashed when you carry daily).

eyesopened

imported post

If you want an inexpensive 1911, look at the Rock Island Armory/Armscor/High Standard models. They are all made by Armscor and have received high marks.

I was able to buy my XD45 Compact new for $500 OTD a few years ago, not sure if they can still be had at that price.

r6-rider

imported post

damn i wish i would of seen this a few days ago. i just sold my 1911 mil spec (not GI) for $500

i just bought a sig p220, havent shot it yet but i love the balance and especially love the DA/SA (decocker)

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sheepdog wrote:
...sounded like a temporary attack of anality....a good used Ruger with a hammer, either safety model or decocker model...could be had for 300-350---leaving $$ for a coupla extra clips....I've bought 4 in the last year for under 350...
You'll see

Tippman9

imported post

You could look into a Sig P220 CPO model. They are factory refurbished ones. I got one a while back for about 475 tax and all included and it is almost like new. It is my favorite pistol