• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Holster for Taurus 66, 4"

superdemon

imported post

You can do way worse than a Fobus...

http://www.fobusholster.com/products/TAURUS_66_431_65_PADDLE_HOLSTER-2896-86.html

sw4-001.jpg

curtiswr

imported post

How is the retention on Fobus? Is it similar to the Serpa in that you push a lever somewhere?

Either way, it looks to be the choice for me.

superdemon

imported post

No, it has a "snap in" type retention. They are really quite secure, and they actually make a holster exactly like you see, but with a thumbstrap, though I don't see on on their website for your weapon. You might be able to find one if you know which S&W gun your Tarus is cloned from...

They do have some holsters with "button" releases, but mostly for autos.

If you are more worried about retention, you might want to start carrying an semi-auto. You are limiting yourself as to holsters with the wheelgun.

curtiswr

imported post

I'm not really worried about retention in the sense of "am I going to lose my gun" I just wanted to know if there was a hidden button somewhere to push; nor do I want a thumbstrap.

I am going to order the one you posted.

Thanks.