• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTB - Schofield Revolver

denwego

imported post

Time to just up and beg! I've been looking for a Schofield-style revolver for a couple years now with no luck; nothing at gun shows, local stores, or somewhat-nearby private sales. I know you can do a transfer to a local FFL, but I had a pretty awful experience, and that combined with the outrageous fees most FFLs are starting to charge, I'd still much rather go local if I can.

So, does anyone have a Schofield that's just waiting to be sold? I'm not picky as to the make: Smith and Wesson's recent reproductions, the Navy Arms, or Uberti, they're all good to me. I'm looking for 45LC, but 38 Special could work if it comes up.

To try to drum up some luck, I've got a sweet trade to offer: A Sig P556 pistol, with the rail-style foregrips. They've been going for around $1500 at local gun shows, but I got a heck of a deal on it, and I'd do a straight trade for this elusive Schofield if that means I can pass on a good deal to someone who can help me find this golden goose!

Image below for the P556!