• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Junction Sportsmans Warehouse

Kimberdude

imported post

On the entry doors for our Sportsmans Warehouse they have a sign posted that states that all guns and bows must be unloaded, actions open and turned into the customer service desk.

I spoke with the manager of the gun sales department as the customer service lady was unable to answer my questions as to how this was legal due to Colorado's open carry laws. I asked what they would do in the case a person OC'ing was to enter thier store, and he stated that the customer would be asked to disarm and/or unload the gun outside the store.

Has anyone here in Junction ever OC'ed in SW? What was the reaction? I have been in there several times, and this was first time I had seen the notices, even though customer service lady sd they had been up since they opened.

Dom

imported post

how this was legal due to Colorado's open carry laws.
Any private business can prohibit open and concealed carry. The rights of the owners take precedence on private property. Of course, we have the right to not spend our money at these places :p.

Kimberdude

imported post

Not hard to refrain from spending $ there, the shelves are empty anyway! I asked the manager specifically regarding SD, answer was the same, not allowed in any shape form or fashion.

I try to support my little guy shop when possible, but when there is major dollars to be spent, like to have another option to save it. Not anymore or will buy a lot more online.

SW will no longer get my hard earned $.

Beau

imported post

Sounds like a letter to corporate is in order. If corp policy is to allow the carry of firearms in accordance with state law then they need to be notified that certain stores are breaking policy.

We have this problem all the time in Indiana with Gander Mountain and Cabelas.

krotchitty

imported post

As NavyLT said, the policy APPEARS to be for firearms which are being brought to the store to be serviced or returned. The policy does not pertain to those firearms which are worn either openly or concealed.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING YOUR GUN IN FOR SERVICE, DON'T HAVE IT LOADED, OR IN YOUR HOLSTER.

Kimberdude

imported post

Appearances can get you arrested. The reason I started this thread is the notice states ALL, underlined, capital letters which would mean every single gun, CC or OC. I am not about to assume.....but it doesn't stop me from CC at all.

krotchitty

imported post

You aren't going to get arrested for carrying a firearm if you are legal.

The sign has no force of law, however they can ask you to leave, that's all.

I think this has been discussed before and my post was to lend clarification on the matter.

I can't imagine the manager you spoke to was being consistent with policy.

I also can't say I have carried there, yet.

If I'm wrong about this I'll know shortly