• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monday encounters

sudden valley gunner

imported post

So I been carrying for a few months and really had nothing happen...but freindly conversations with people I know. Was Monday a full moon?....

I had a lot of errands to run was all over town Monday and several comments that day on my side arm some cool, some strange. Had several ask if I was LEO said no I carry it for my self defense. Getting gas, walking at Freddy's, and getting coffee. Nothing negative just some with a confused look on their face, and me not really having the time to get into a discussion with them.

Then at Wal-mart, I went in there with my step son to replace some of the ammo he used up at the range. Kids a good shot. When I got to the ammo counter and was talking to one of the gentlemen there about the 550 rounds of 22 federal hollow points they have for 13 bucks, two other employees came over and whispered urgently to the other fellow working behind the counter and I over heard the words 'carrying a gun'. The man said "Yes I know, it's perfectly legal in the state of Washington" and pretty much dismissed the other two employees. I thanked him and he left to do something else, but then I got into conversation from a couple of shoppers around me about it, I didn't have pamphlets but directed them to this site. One guy was curious if why it was legal a cop yelled at him for having one on his seat even though it was unloaded. I told him probably an out of state officer not familiar with state laws.

Then at 7-11 later that night getting my step son (and myself) some candy. I was talking to the two female employees about my dog they could see in the car through the windows. Real freindly and extended conversation, then a young fellow came in to purchase a few things started talking about the dog too, and said 'oh is that a glock 19?, thats my favorite gun' the one female employe gasped and said oh I didn't even realize he had a gun and quickly ran to do other duties in the store and the other empoyee turned her back with a frown and busied herself with duties. The young man asked if I was a cop I said no just carry it for self defense and seemed impressed and said he can't wait to do the same.

Manu

imported post

Looks like you had a really goodopencarry monday, I am wondering when you are coming towards south, and bring some other opencarry lovers with you and stop by at my place I'll try to bring in some more people who are into opencarrybut are not member of this forum.

heresolong

imported post

Manu wrote:
Looks like you had a really goodopencarry monday, I am wondering when you are coming towards south, and bring some other opencarry lovers with you and stop by at my place I'll try to bring in some more people who are into opencarrybut are not member of this forum.
??? What is "your place"? You show your location as South Puget Sound. SVG is up in the Bellingham area, near several of us but not near the south end of Puget Sound. I know there are people all over the state that openly carry and post on this forum. You might be more specific and I bet there are folks near you that have get-togethers on a regular basis.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Manu wrote:
??? What is "your place"? You show your location as South Puget Sound. SVG is up in the Bellingham area, near several of us but not near the south end of Puget Sound. I know there are people all over the state that openly carry and post on this forum. You might be more specific and I bet there are folks near you that have get-togethers on a regular basis.
Manu is down in auburn-burien area and owns a couple of restaurants that are open carry freindly.

Hey Manu, long time no see.I sent a PM to you, just a car said to let him know if you want your Restaurants on the Patronize list. He didn't just want to put them up in case you wanted to remain anonymous. I'd love to come down and visit. I go to the coast to go surfing a few times a summer maybe I'll make a detour and stop by grab some grub. Maybe I can talk my freinds up here to do some work close by your area too, then I could make it sooner.

Yea Monday was crazy I only mentioned a few of the encounters, seemed everybody was saying something that day when normally noone says anything. Must have been the moon....lol.

Manu

imported post

heresolong wrote:
??? What is "your place"? You show your location as South Puget Sound.
Well myplace(Business) is in Des Moines and Burien/Normandypark area and I live in Auburn thats why I put my loccation as south puget sound. SVG lives far north from me but we are planning to have some get together here at my place and inorder to promote open carry we running a discount "Carry you rights open and leagally....15% off your food" As a matter of fact we get lots of LEO eating here, I and SVG were thinking it will be nice to have a common meeting place with Officers and responsible citizens who practice their rights, this way many miss conceptions and miss communications could be ridden away. This will be one step closer to pass on the message that we are Law abiding citizens and has nothing to do against law. Well thats just a thought of mine and SVG. I am open to other options too... please feel free to contact me.

SVG I tried to contact just a car but it looks like he did'nt received my email/PM. So., I'll try to get hold of him again.

LooterShooter

imported post

Manu wrote:
heresolong wrote:
??? What is "your place"? You show your location as South Puget Sound.
Well myplace(Business) is in Des Moines and Burien/Normandypark area and I live in Auburn thats why I put my loccation as south puget sound. SVG lives far north from me but we are planning to have some get together here at my place and inorder to promote open carry we running a discount "Carry you rights open and leagally....15% off your food" As a matter of fact we get lots of LEO eating here, I and SVG were thinking it will be nice to have a common meeting place with Officers and responsible citizens who practice their rights, this way many miss conceptions and miss communications could be ridden away. This will be one step closer to pass on the message that we are Law abiding citizens and has nothing to do against law. Well thats just a thought of mine and SVG. I am open to other options too... please feel free to contact me.

SVG I tried to contact just a car but it looks like he did'nt received my email/PM. So., I'll try to get hold of him again.
Count me in! I 'm right between Des Moines and Burien.

LooterShooter

imported post

Very, although I must admit it's been a while. Old girlfriend loved Dino's. Not sure how long you've had it. I thought it was for sale maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I've been to Des Moines Creek for breakfast. An old co-worker would be there every Sat morning with her friends. I'll be stopping by for eats. I carry an XD-45 but must admit, you ca't always see it.

Manu

imported post

Yes when Dino's was up for sale I bought it from my friend Peter before this I owned Athens Pizza and Pasta in Des Moines but later after taking over Dino's I sold it, most of the times I am at Dino's but I'll try to find you at Des Moines Creek. I'll let my wife know about you hopefully we will make this thing rolling :). Or you can stop by at Dino's anytime everybody at Dino's is familiar of Opencarry.Org Discount.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

kenshin wrote:
Not just all the negative ones.
sigpic6910_2.gif

icon_hide.gif

sudden valley gunner

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
kenshin wrote:
Not just all the negative ones.
sigpic6910_2.gif

icon_hide.gif

The 7/11 reaction......lol.....most were postive I felt though. Walked all over Meridian Mall area today to several shops and no negative encounters what so ever.

15%Manu? Wow! that is a good deal I am going to try and make it down soon, hopefully.