• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from Safeway

DEROS72

imported post

I just went downtown and was in the starbucks on yesler in Pioneer square OC .2 Seattle officers were in line behind me.Nothing was said.I just now got back from safeway and also nothing.If there isn't an issue somwhere don't create one.....!

Izzle

imported post

Ya don't worry I am not planning of pushing it any further. I was really looking for an email that said they had no problem with it so if I ever did run into an issue I could fall back on it.

just_a_car

imported post

Fair enough, sounds like a consensus... and, frankly, I agree... since I've OC'd in that Edmonds one more times than I can count... and they have a BECU satellite station within.

Enough response to this to allow me to, in good conscience, remove them from the list.

amlevin

imported post

Most of the clerks in the Marysville Safeway know I carry. One even said they like the idea and is now a "regular" at the Arlington Range (Norpoint).

This is the Store that recently had a Stolen Car suspect chased into the store and was followed by a bunch of armed Cops (weapons out). Welcome to the Frontier Town of Marysville.

DEROS72

imported post

I saw a robbery at the Seatac Safeway yesterday.Iwas walking in from The Bartells side and all of a sudden I saw this big black dude fly out the dooe with 2 guys chasing him.I was directly in their path.My first thought was to drawdown butI could see the guy was unarmed so wasn't gonna do that.My only other option was,I was thinking.If they don't catch him I'm gonna have thow my self in front of this big dude.I

thought for a micro second,boy this is gonna hurt.These 2 store detectives caught him from behind.My next thought was man...these kids are fast.The perp was struggling and trying to get away so I walked up and asked if all was well .The perp saw I was armed and settled right down.He wouldn't have got away from these 2 kids they were pretty good.Anyway cops came and I went in and got my Starbucks and read the liberal rag known as the times.....

he was trying to steal food......

cynicist

imported post

I used to work at Safeway. I see people "openly concealing" every now and then, and I usually have mine in a holster under the jacket, partially visible. No one's ever said anything other than "is that real" or those sort of comments.
There is no signs. She made it up. Nothing in all the training videos or anything like that about weapons, other than we can't have them while working.

DEROS72

imported post

I have lived in the past 15 years in 4 different states always shopped at safeway ,and I have never seen any sign prohibiting weapons.You are correct I think she is pursuing her personal agenda.

Dave Workman

imported post

Izzle wrote:
So I got this email back from Safeway stating that they do not allow firearms in their stores and that signs are posted (which I have never seen) in the front.

Code:
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your local Safeway store.

The policy for Safeway is that, firearms are prohibited in the store at any time. There is a sign posted in the front of the stating that policy. 

If you would like to discuss this further, please reply to this email or call our Customer Service toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference Contact I.D 14197557. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.

Sincerely,

Patricia Dawson
Customer Service Center

Okay, please explain something to me, perhaps a couple of somethings.

a) you got this e-mail from Safeway....why? Did you send Safeway an e-mail asking what their store policy is regarding firearms, or what?

b) What prompted you to do this, if, indeed, you made such an inquiry in the first place?

c) what did you expect?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Izzle wrote:
So I got this email back from Safeway stating that they do not allow firearms in their stores and that signs are posted (which I have never seen) in the front.

Code:

The policy for Safeway is that, firearms are prohibited in the store at any time. There is a sign posted in the front of the stating that policy. 

If you would like to discuss this further, please reply to this email or call our Customer Service toll free number at 1-877-723-3929 and reference Contact I.D 14197557. One of our associates will be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for shopping at Safeway.

Sincerely,

Patricia Dawson
Customer Service Center
Why did Safeway send you this email? Are you eamiling stores esking if they have a policy? That's a sure fire way to get a policy created.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Izzle was probly just not wanting to get harrassed at a store he shops at. I felt this way when I first started carrying now I know from here and from personal experience its better to just carry naturally and only make waves if someone else starts them first.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Izzle was probly just not wanting to get harrassed at a store he shops at. I felt this way when I first started carrying now I know from here and from personal experience its better to just carry naturally and only make waves if someone else starts them first.
DON'T ASK DON'T TELL!!

Applies to both concealed & open carry.

Dave Workman

imported post

Mike wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Izzle was probly just not wanting to get harrassed at a store he shops at.  I felt this way when I first started carrying now I know from here and from personal experience its better to just carry naturally and only make waves if someone else starts them first.
DON'T ASK DON'T TELL!!

Applies to both concealed & open carry.

Congratulations, Mike. You have cracked the code! ;)

badger54

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Unrelated, but I sent a letter to the Postmaster at Oak Harbor requesting they put up the required signs at the post office to avoid confusion, but that is a Federal law matter, so like I said, it's unrelated, but I am just satisfying my "posting" fix for today :).
There is actually a sign stating that firearms are prohibited in the post office in Oak Harbor, its around the corner by the scales in the PO Box area. It wasn't until I opened a PO Box that I actually noticed it so it really needs to be moved to a more visible location.

shad0wfax

imported post

I have OC'd in the Pullman Safeway and the Spokane Valley Safeway with no issues. No signs were posted at either store.

It was rather ironic to be cardedfor buying a 6-packwhile OC'ing.

compmanio365

imported post

shad0wfax wrote:
I have OC'd in the Pullman Safeway and the Spokane Valley Safeway with no issues. No signs were posted at either store.

It was rather ironic to be cardedfor buying a 6-packwhile OC'ing.
I was carded the other day while shopping at Wally World, bought a 6 pack and the lady asked for my ID. Had to hold myself back from turning strong side so it was obvious and saying "Do you REALLY think I am under 21?" I just showed my ID like a good sheep and went on my merry way though......:quirky

compmanio365

imported post

Uh, no? It's 21, last I checked. http://opencarry.org/wa.html

Minimum Age to OC

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.240

You can only carry a pistol on your person if under 21 when on your own property or at your business.

It's just something that's programmed into these kids to check for ID, so I just let it go....but the smart-ass side of me wanted to make that remark. It's just another example of the government making more "feel-good" laws that do nothing but inconvenience people that are trying to do things legally anyways. The ID check hasn't stopped any kid I know of from getting booze when they want it......it sure didn't when I was growing up.

EDIT: Figures you'd edit your post while I was writing mine. I thought there might just be a brain fart to that post. :p

DEROS72

imported post

Izzle wrote:

Code:

Sincerely,

Patricia Dawson
Customer Service Center
I find this amusing in that My safeway in Seatac has agreed to support our open carry event with donations.Both managers.My hats off to these guys so if you have a chance to patronize this store please do so.They have never questioned my open carry.