• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from Safeway

Manu

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I find this amusing in that My safeway in Seatac has agreed to support our open carry event with donations.Both managers.My hats off to these guys so if you have a chance to patronize this store please do so.They have never questioned my open carry.

I totally agree with DEROS72 at many occassions I have done OC trips to that safeway (216th and Pac Hwy). Never had any problem. and now they are also supporting our OCDO meet too.

heresolong

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
It's just something that's programmed into these kids to check for ID, so I just let it go....
Actually they are required by law to check for ID. You could be breaking the law by carrying underage AND breaking the law by purchasing alcohol. They don't check, they could get fired and the state would hammer them and the store.

just_a_car

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Just checked all the postings at both doors at the Safeway in Lynden. NOT A WORD about firearms.
And I'll bet they looked just like the pictures of the ones I posted in the third post in this thread, yeah?

heresolong

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Just checked all the postings at both doors at the Safeway in Lynden. NOT A WORD about firearms.
And I'll bet they looked just like the pictures of the ones I posted in the third post in this thread, yeah?
Whatever happened to the "whatever happened to the dolphins" story?

just_a_car

imported post

heresolong wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Sorry, I don't follow.... :question:

Richard6218

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
heresolong wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
Sorry, I don't follow.... :question:
Me either :question:

The "postings" I referred to were simply the standard stickers on the glass doors about smoking and service animals, etc, not the fancy boards that just_a_car photographed. No mention of firearms or dolphins.

just_a_car

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
The "postings" I referred to were simply the standard stickers on the glass doors about smoking and service animals, etc, not the fancy boards that just_a_car photographed. No mention of firearms or dolphins.
Actually, the two "Welcome" pictures are stickers... about the size of a piece of paper.